The boys attended VBS last week and they both seemed to really enjoy it. Grant has always liked going and especially now that his daycare buddies all come along too he seems to like it even more. This was Lane's first year...and given that he was the youngest little guy there I think he did an excellent job. I was expecting a little bit of reservation and hesitation from him but much to my surprise he didn't blink an eye when I dropped him off and went to leave. He didn't seem to care one bit. Which was equal parts relieving and sad. Relieving because I want him to separate from me easily and be "big boy" enough to do things such as this but sad because he is definitely no longer a baby. He's grown up so quickly. He didn't sing the songs during their program (probably because a mix of he didn't know them and he didn't want to). There was a time he covered his ears while the others sang and I had to shoot him my Mommy daggers -he quickly stopped and then he shot me daggers back. I loved hearing him talk to me about what he learned and what crafts they did. He carried himself a little bit higher and walked taller last week because he knew he was just as big as the other kids. So cute to watch!
No comments:
Post a Comment