No summer is complete without kids on a slip n slid right?
Well, from the inspiration from our friends (The Schumachers) we decided to up
the ante a bit in the slip n slide department and get a billboard tarp. Bigger
is better so the saying goes right? In this case, it is definitely better. The
boys and the daycare kiddos have loved it. They enjoy the fact that it is a
billboard for Casey's pizza too -they race to see who can get to the pizza
first. Grant and the kiddos love to pretend to "slide into home" on
it, they have made up their own unique stunts and tricks, and have unintentionally
played a game of human bowling. Jason has given it a go too- and loved it. I
think if our yard wasn't so rough and bumpy he'd be on it just as much as the
kids but he quickly figured out that he's not as youthful and graceful as he
used to be. He just couldn't figure out why he was so sore the next day after. I am thankful he didn't twist or pull
something....the way he came barreling down it over and over I am quite
surprised that wasn't the case. Although there are times I am terrified that someone is
going to get hurt they have so much fun on it and it really is no different
than a regular slip n slide (other than it's size of course) over all it has
proven to be an excellent investment. I foresee
billboard biffing (as I have coined the term) as a big part of our summer fun
for many summers to come.
(Sidenote: Lane got crack burn this day because his swim trucks were too big and I failed to put sunblock past his pantline. So from now on I plan to cake his butt in sunblock every time to prevent another bun burn)
No comments:
Post a Comment