Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sweet Summer Time

All of these rainy summer days has forced some imaginative play -which is actually quite nice. Lane loves all things Superheroes and is always pretending to be one of the Avengers. In full Captain American suit here.

Another rainy summer day- started off our FUN FRIDAY at the gas station for junk and sodas.

Grant and his team had such a great baseball season this year. All of the boys showed huge signs of growth throughout the season C-ball (year one) is now under our belts.

These boys are too cute.


Batting practice in the driveway -big brother is helping Lane perfect his hitting skills.


He loves to play first base.

Catching lightning bugs after the ball game- such a summer time feel to it all.

Loves catching lightening bugs- would probably make his 10 ten list right now.





This was too precious...Lane gave Grant a huge hug after his game as though he genuinely missed him. So sweet

And of course he found his honorary big brother and gave him a big hug too.

Love this picture. Grant with Grandpa after the last game of the season.




This was taken by Lane on my cell phone while waiting for our food to come at Leo's. He loves to take pictures on my phone now. I actually don't mind much as it's always fun to see what snapshots he took.

Lol= another one

Selfie with Uncle Jacob

Craft project- Shaving cream and food coloring to make designer paper. Messy - if you try this I would definitely suggest doing it outdoors and to wear gloves- food coloring stains your hands something awful.



We are attending some of the activities at the library for their summer reading program. It's been right up Lane's alley as it's a Superhero theme this summer.

Nichols Park


Grant finished up two weeks of swim lessons again this summer. He loved it and can swim like a fish now -thanks to Cara! 

Safety day- had to swim with jeans and a sweatshirt on and then was supposed to take them off by yourself in the pool- Grant tried but eventually needed assistance and then I think the assistant needed assistance. Funny to watch.

Speaking of watching - Lane wanted to watch Grant during swim lessons- and boy did he ever watch. He just sat and stared the entire time. Didn't move a muscle and took it all in like a little sponge.

Jason and I celebrated 9 years of marriage at the Ozarks a few weeks ago. Boy was it a good time but a big reminder that I am no longer young!

Fun in the sun!

We met up with Kate and Cory while at the lake- fun times.



VBS at Trinity

Night one of VBS at Trinity

Cute in their hats

One last Ozark picture sprinkled in with the VBS pics
Lane zip-lining at VBS

Stayed the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa while we were gone to the lake.

Lane attemped VBS at Trinity this year- he didn't want to go with his own age group and insisted on staying with Grant and Grant's class. Then by night three that turned into tears and "I just want you to take me home." He said, "I will do it again when I am older." I said, "oh okay buddy, I know you didn't know anyone there and it was different for you so maybe you can try again next year when you are 4" and he replied, "yeah, or maybe when I turn 21." LOL



Rainy days = Krush Nutrition to blow of some energy. The boys loved it.



Finally some sunny weather to enjoy the Play for All Park. The best time to go is in the evening. We went at 3:30 on a Friday and it was not busy or crowded at all.



More baseball pics

Playing at Elliott's birthday party


Dad and Butch making sure the camper doesn't roll away

waiting for tractor rides

loved it



Mother/Daughter picture



another craft that was messy and stained our hands


The boys loved seeing Miss Ruthie

Lane especially liked her

Random picture -

No comments: