Monday, June 30, 2014

Sunshine and Popsicles



The summer has been filled with lots of typical summer time fun. Catching lightening bugs at dusk, throwing water balloons at unsuspecting victims , water gun fights in the back yard, evening baseball games, swimming lessons, and catching butterflies. I love seeing our driveway covered in chalk art from the kiddos. But  my most favorite is watching the kids just being creative in the yard. I love when they get to making their famous mushroom soup with yard mushrooms and weeds....making mud pies that cover their bodies by the time they are finished and having imaginations that take them to a world where they chase creatures that don't exists.  I love SUMMER! Even the heat of summer and the annoying mosquitoes that always seems to bite me in the same place on my upper thigh. I love knowing that these little moments are the ones that my boys will most likely remember as adults. I am looking forward to the remainder of the summer as I know that we have so many more memories to make.

 Power wheels rides in the yard is another summer past time for our boys...this time Lane took Mallory for a spin in her ride at her house. Little cuties!

 Lane loves this little tricycle. He's always riding on it and hauling things in the little compartment in the back.  His favorite word right now is "actually." He says it all of the time...it's so funny to hear him use mature vocabulary because he's still such a babyface.
 Grant got Matt Adams number painted on his face at his cousins birthday party.  He is so thrilled that Mr. Matt Adams has become a home run hitter for the Cardinals.
 Lane wasn't so sure about Klutzy the clown at first but was excited about getting his face stamped (not painted).
 My father is still such a kid at heart. I love this man so much. He makes my heart smile.
 Dad's arm painting.
 The clown spoiled Grant with lots of animal balloons. 
 Another example of when the kids were using their imaginations.  LOVE IT!
 This picture is so sweet. Grant has been teaching Lane all kinds of things this summer. How to draw different shapes and how to count.  This morning I heard Grant telling Lane all about Jesus, God, heaven and the devil. He told him, "God made the trees, and the flowers, and made the food we eat." Then he added, "but the most special thing he has made is YOU!" Ahhhh, made me smile...he had no idea I was listening to this but I am so happy I overheard this precious conversation. It think Grant may have a future in preaching. In all seriousness-I really do. He insisted that I ask Pastor Strattman if he could take a hymnal home to keep. He is always telling me about Jesus and heaven.  I love it! I love him! He is a true gift!







No comments: