A picture of little Lane sporting his Illini cap -took this FOREVER ago and just haven't been on here to post anything in a while
Cutie
Hanging out at IC while Grant took swimming lessons. That was a treat to try to pack him there and keep him occupied for 45 minutes everyday for two weeks. We got through it though
Grant anxiously awaiting his last day of swim class.
Little kid in a big pool=anxious Mommy
He loved swim lessons
His favorite part of swim lessons -BOBS
Play for All Park
Lane swinging at the Play for All Park
Brothers swinging together. Grant is way too darn big for that baby swing but it wasn't worth the battle so I allowed it. Plus it made for a cute picture
Lane playing with his buddy Griffin. How stinking cute-right?
My favorite little baby girl- Miss Mallory paying us a visit
Grant LOVES the Olympics!!! Obsessed actually!
Lane's first time in the sandbox. He of course ate sand.
Brother in matching shirts
Lane and Mallory looking at me like I am a crazy person! So funny. Blurry picture but way too cute.
Hanging out at Great Grandma Barry's
Carrots anyone?
Cute little baby with a messy face.
Jay and I at the Cards game earlier this July. HOT but fun! We hit up Fast Eddies on the way down and had a great time just the two of us.
Wow, is it really August already? Doesn't seem quite possible that Grant will be going back to school here within the next few weeks. Usually summers seem DRAG on and on but this summer flew by so quickly. We have been more busy this summer as opposed to last. With t-ball and swimming lessons and such. Grant is anxious to go back to school and I am anxious too. He's starting to get bored with our daily grind here I think so a change of pace will do us both well. He's been so funny lately. His sense of humor has ripened and he says more adult things now...which cracks me up because he says things with so much vigor and spunk. He has been trilled with the Olympics and cheers and yells so loudly at the TV. He is so mesmerized by it all and is just taking it all in. He knows names of people participating and knows a lot of the rules and everything. Crazy how much he loves it. He also loves to shoot hoops (both outside on the court and inside on the over the door hoop) and insists on shooting AND MAKING 100 baskets a day. He's quite disciplined for his age and it's also really fun to watch. He's been enjoying our fun Fridays at various pools and loves to show off his newly learned swimming skills. He's proud of himself for learning the entire Lord's Prayer and learning 20 site words. We are still working on some of them but for the most part he has impressed me with his ability to "read" (memorize) all of those words.
On to Lane, he's such a little stinker. He's in the process of working on his top teeth. So there has been some sleepless nights and cranky days lately. It's so sad to see an otherwise HAPPY baby be so sad...I know it hurts and there is not much I can do for him. Grant liked the teething tablets but those don't seem to work for Lane and the gel isn't helping either so we have just been using Tylenol. I just hope for his sake and ours that they pop through soon. More on Lane, he's on the move all of the time. It's exhausting because I am the type of parent that likes to be right there to either catch him when he falls or at least help him make his falls more graceful. Now, Jason on the other hand is the opposite. He lets him fall and doesn't chase him around everywhere. I wish I could do that but I guess the protective nature I have as a mother won't allow it. He can wave bye bye now (not like a pro but I know what he is doing) and even said it once or twice last week. I am kind of sad he isn't saying Mama or Dada yet but I know it will come with time. He grunts at things a lot. It's his way of talking I guess (typical man). He still is not huge on the idea of baby food but loves Ritz crackers, goldfish, puffs, and other Gerber snacks. He is a maniac now in the bath tub. He tries to stand up and crawl out of his tub -I think it's time we do away with the baby tub and just sit him on a mat in the bath tub. He really likes to play with doors (moving them back and forth), pulling up on things, water bottles, using his walker (the push behind one-he hates the sit in kind and wont use it). He's growing...he's nearly 22 lbs now. No wonder I have mom muscles. Speaking of Mom muscles. I am still working out 6 days a week and although it's tough to stick to it at times I am happy with how I feel and the lbs and inches lost. Only 4 more weeks and it will be 90 consecutive days of working out. I think Ive only missed two days so far and even those days were made up immediately the next morning. It feels good! Grant is hysterical. He works out with his and now knows lots of Yoga moves and lifts "weights" with his makeshift dumbbells (old paper towel rolls). He's so serious about it too-extremely cute to watch.
Things have been busy but I have no complaints -actually I do but I can't write about them on my blog because I now have too many followers who may not like what I have to say-it's probably better that way. My opinions and thoughts can remain right here in this home and with close friends and not aired on my blog for people to take offense to.
I am sure I will have more to write after this weekend-we are taking Grant to Six Flags so there should be some pics to post.

No comments:
Post a Comment