Friday, October 14, 2011

"But Mom, McDonalds can't see Jesus in the toilet!"

If you haven't already heard, we had our first death of a family pet this past week. McDonalds, the fish (who we have had for over a year) passed away on Tuesday morning-cause of death is still unknown but I suspect either he just got too old or his water temperature just got too cold for him or something.  Anyways....we broke the news to Grant and let him choose to either flush him down the toilet or bury him outside. He wanted to flush him so that's what we did.  He didn't really have much to say about the whole ordeal until today....he said, "Mommy, does Jesus live in the sky?"  I said, "well, yes, kind of -he lives in HEAVEN."  I told him that heaven is where McDonalds went and now his fishy gets to see Jesus.  He responded by saying, "but Mom, McDonalds can't see Jesus in the toilet!"  Boy oh boy was this one a hard one to try to explain to him...I hope he realizes that Jesus doens't live in the toilet now but I think I have confused him to that point so who knows what his poor little 3 year old mind thinks!  It's been a rough week for Grant-first that and now I think we may have to take him to the doc because he sure is acting like he doesn't feel well.  Waking up cranky, wanting his head and cheekbones massaged, not eating well, and not behaving like his normal sweetie little self.  Somethings up-just don't know what.  We may be making a trip to prompt care soon. Ugh...I hope he's ok and doens't have anything more than just a nasty cold.  I'll keep ya posted!

No comments: