We made it through the first week of school without incident! Day one was AWESOME and it just continued from there. Although I think it was DAY 3 that Grant decided to bring a gun to school. Ok, not a real gun-but a big water gun! Of course I had no idea he had smuggled it into his backpack and I was extremely surprised to see it in there when he returned home from school. Thankfully I didn't get a call or note from Miss Elisha requesting that Grant leave his "guns" at home. Grant said that Miss Elisha didn't even say anything about it...but I was sure embarrassed. Lesson learned....always check the backpack before Grant leaves. It has been a truly proud week for both Jason and I - we are thrilled with how well he has made this transition!!!! We couldn't ask for a better more well behaved little boy. He still continues to tell us that he is still SHY at school -and I continue to tell him that its perfectly fine to be SHY and to not worry about it! Boy did I feel old this week...it's one thing to feel older when you become a parent but you really feel old when you are sending $$$ to school in an envelope with your child. I completed an order form for a t-shirt and tucked it into Grant's folder in his backpack and thought that I really am starting to feel more like my MOTHER everyday. This has been an extremely FUN week for us and I know we will enjoy this nice LONG weekend praising our BIG BOY over and over and over again!
No comments:
Post a Comment