So -weeks of worrying, numerous nights of sleeplessness, and many prayers later....HE DID IT! The first day of Pre-K went so unbelievably well! Better than I could have ever had imagined. Actually -I imagined the complete opposite of what actually happened. I imagined him crying, screaming, and having to be physically ripped off of my leg. NONE OF WHICH took place. No tears-just smiles, screams did happen but only excited squeals, and not only did he not need peeled off of me he wasn't even anywhere near me and didn't even look back once getting on the bus! AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Jason and I were so nervous this morning prior to the bus coming. I seriously have not felt that nervous since our wedding day! I couldn't eat...I couldn't sit still...I had a stress headache...all for what? Nothing?
Then I thought, well he got on the bus wonderfully but what if he is sitting at school crying right now? But he got off the bus just as awesomely as he got on. He told me all about school. He said he was kind of shy but he made two friends. They sang songs, did puzzles, played outside, ate snack and got a locker! He said he liked it-and he did not cry. Sooooooo I had to spoil him with a big bag of goodies, balloons, and a trip to McDonalds. He is such a big BIG BOY!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not be more proud of him!
No comments:
Post a Comment