Thursday, March 31, 2011

Frustration

Ugh...I am getting extremely frustrated with Mr. Grant. After the zillionth time of him climbing up onto the toilet seat, onto the bathroom counter top, and getting things out of the medicine cabinet I had finally had enough. I cleaned out the SOB....there is absolutely nothing in there for him to need/want which I of course thought would equal that his desire to climb up there would instantly decrease.....NOPE. I WAS WRONG! Maybe after a few attempts without any gratification at the end he will eventually stop so for now all of our medicine/toothbrushes/band aids -etc will stay moved.
I am also extremely annoyed with his 24 hour hyperness. Ok....it's not just normal kid stuff...I understand kids are silly and rambunctious but Grant has taken it to a whole different level. In the mornings I always wear a long robe-he is now in this horrible habit of hanging on to the bottom of my robe and pulling on it whenever I walk by. If it's not that they he is clinging to my leg and not letting go. It's similar to him trying to climb on a jungle gym....I find it annoying because it's ALL DAY LONG! Oh and the back talk as started too. He is now telling both Jason and I "NO" which I WILL NOT TOLERATE! So, needless to say he has been spending a lot of time in TIME OUT lately. UGH! I hope this is a short lived phase....cause it's gotten under my skin these past few weeks. Bless his little heart--I think he needs to be OUTSIDE...getting dirty and blowing off some energy so I am not blaming him 100%. Plus, he is stuck inside the same house, with me, each and every day. I try to get him out but we can only do so much when it's cold and dreary out. UGH! SPRING has sprung but the WARMTH HAS YET TO COME! Oh how I want it to warm up so desperately.
This STAY -AT-HOME MOM is just not having a very good day! I keep praying to God to grant me patience in large quantities...we will see if he hears me.

No comments: