I have always believed that there is a place for us in God's great kingdom in heaven however this story really excites the reader into not only having faith in the idea of an afterlife with God but it confirms that what we are taught to believe about heaven REALLY IS TRUE! I have found that I have gained great optimism and anticipation for what lies ahead after this life here on earth. This story touched me deeper than the average reader I think because the story is about a little boy about Grant's age....who experiences this truly wonderful and astonishing experience. I couldn't' help but picture my little man going through such a horrific tragedy of being so close to death that he actually walks with Jesus himself! This is a tender-touching-and truly beautiful read. TWO THUMBS WAY UP!
Monday, February 28, 2011
BOOK REPORT #3
My third book came in the mail last week (it was on back order so there was a delay). Like the others I have posted on -this one was a very quick and easy read. Read it in one day. The book was entitled, "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent. This book was about a little boy who while gravely ill went to heaven and experienced all of heavens wonders. It was a wonderful read for anyone with a strong belief in Jesus Christ! The author, Todd Burpo is the little boy's father and a pastor. I don't want to discuss this book in too much detail because given the length of the book -it really doesn't leave much room to avoid giving it all away. I would recommend this book to both believers and nonbelievers because it has given me hope for what is to be of my loved ones and myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment