Grant's first snowball of the season. He loves this thing!
Along with the first snowfall-Grant also received his first cold. Bummer-right? He's been using a butt load of Kleenexes -poor guy!
He's been carrying this big puppy around the house and uses it as his pillow to lay his head down. I don't think he feels very well today.
Grant holding his SNOWBALL.
I think our wreath looks much more festive with a small layering of snow. Don't you?
Loved how our windows looked -I always see this in movies but rarely get to see it at our house.
Pretty skies and pretty snow!The first snow of this winter has fallen -not only has it fallen but it as whirled and twirled! Grant woke up Sunday morning to the surprise of white covered windows. He loved looking at the winter wonderland but couldn't understand why he couldn't go out to play in it. I tried to tell him that it was too cold and windy-seriously I think if he would have stepped outside he would have been blown away only to never be found again as those winds were crazy-strong! Jason and I were happy that the snow and nasty weather held off until after midnight Saturday as we had a very busy day. My parents came for a visit on Saturday. Grant really enjoyed playing with them.....they read books, watched Christmas cartoons, played cars and trucks, and goofed around. Grant sported his new Popeye the Sailor Man t-shirt just for Papa Ham. (Sidenote: My Dad grew up in Chester Illinois which happens to be the home of Popeye's creator.) Then we took Grant to Bryson's 3rd Birthday party. Bryson had a Toy Story party so Grant really enjoyed seeing his buddies Woody and Buzz everywhere...and espeically liked gathering up the candy that fell out of the pinta. Later that evening Jason and I went to Jay's bank Christmas party while Grant stayed at home with Aunt Vicki and my parents. It was nice to get out and enjoy some adult time with Jason. It was also nice to get all dressed up. I am always hanging out in jeans or comfy pants 24/7 so it was nice to get spiffied up. Also nice to have a glass or two of wine as I have made the choice (several weeks ago) that I will no longer be sippin my Merlot in my home-and will only splurge when we are "out on the town." We had a wonderful time. The weather was extremely cold and nasty on Sunday so we stayed in all day. We found this to be the perfect time to do some Christmas Movie Marathoning. We watched Home Alone and Christmas Vacation. I wanted to get my all time favorite movie in (It's A Wonderful Life) but didn't get to it.
Exciting news!!!!!! We are (as I write) getting our new entryway door installed. Crazy-beings that it is below zero outside-but hey whatev! I am anxious to see the finished look. Will try to post pics soon.
Other not so exciting/proud news. Grant said his first curse word on Sunday. Apparently my thought about the movie -Home Alone being really inappropriate for a two year old was right on target! While were were all at the table eating lunch-Grant said-extremely LOUD AND CLEAR...."If you were growing on my ASS!" Which is a line Buzz says in the movie. He said it a few times and then we had a talk about how that was a bad word. He hasn't said it since so fingers crossed he forgets it and doesn't say it again until he's 30!
No comments:
Post a Comment