Grant running in the mud puddles -with one boot on
He loves running in the puddles
.jpg)
Hugs for Skid

Look! No cast!
Grant's cast
Ready to play ball
At Uncle Jacob's graduation
Shoulder rides are the best!
Ready to see Shrek!
Playing in the sand
Loves to swing-loves it even more without a shirt on!
1st Slip-n-Slide
Summer Fun!
Cheese!On Mother's Day Grant went with us to my Grandma's house in Liberty. He had a blast playing with Cassie and showing off his incredible throwing skills to all of his great aunts and uncles.
The following week Grant found the joy of picking strawberries out of our garden. He has learned to pick them and take the steams off before eating them. He usually eats about 15 or 20 and then moves on to find something else to do. I can tell it's summer time when at the end of the day he and his clothes are covered in strawberry juice, dirt, and sand.
Grant also got his first pet fish this month and named him McDonalds. Of course he wanted to hold the fish and pet him-so we had a period of time where he was confused about having a pet fish which you can't PET.
He also went to cousin Livvy's dance recital at JHS and saw his first movie in the theater. We took him to see Shrek Forever After in 3-D. He did well considering the 3-D glasses were about 3x too big for him and kept falling off. I am sure he got a more blurry version of the movie than we did. Actually, I think he was more into the popcorn and candy than seeing the big screen. Toy Story 3 comes out next week and I am still debating on whether or not to attempt the 3-D thing again.
We also went to Golden to cousin Cassie's 3rd birthday party. Again, Grant had a ton of fun with Cassie and Collin. They all played so well together.
And the biggest event of the month happened on the 26th. GRANT GOT HIS CAST OFF! It was such a relief for me as now we don't have to worry about it anymore- getting it wet or him trying to walk without his walking boot. I thought for sure he would walk a bit different or it would take him a while to get used to it being off....but NOPE, Grant was down and walking around like normal within a minute of it coming off. Of course, we kept the smelly thing as a souvenir. And now, Grant is back to getting regular tub baths -which is fantastic!
He also went to Uncle Jacob's high school graduation and graduation party. Grant spent most of his time at both events playing with Livvy. Actually, I should rephrase that -he spent most of his time RUNNING with her. It's funny to watch the two of them together because she will take off running and he will follow right after her...and by the time he catches up to her she turns and runs in a different direction. That goes on forever!
Papa Fricke had a birthday at the end of last month so we went to visit with him -Grant got some four wheeler rides and left over cookies and treats from the graduation party so it made for a great visit for him.
We had church family pictures the first week of June. Grant was hilarious-all day we talked about how we were going to get our pictures taken and told him to practice smiling....which he did all day. When it came time for pictures-he did really well....but every time the photographer would tell him to smile he would say "CHEESE" really loud. I would bust up every time. It was too cute.
Grant called Papa Ham on the phone to wish him a "Happy Birthday" last week and has really gotten better about talking on the phone.
Grant went with Papa and Grandma Fricke to McDonald's last week end and had a great time playing with Livvy in the play equiptment.
He is always singing his ABC's, Take Me Out To the Ballgame, or London Bridges now. He has loved being outside so much and enjoys having all the daycare kids home for the summer. We had our first Fun Friday last week. Grant went on the Slip-n-Slide for the first time and really loved it. I think we are set out to buy him a kiddie pool this weekend.
I can really tell we have been spending a lot of time outside as the inside of my house is looking very neglected. I haven't dusted or mopped in so long. Sometimes I feel like "what's the point"- because with 6 kids running around my house it's so hard to keep it clean. Moments after I Windex windows Grant or someone will leave a child size hand print on them.
We took him to get a short summer hair cut yesterday and he looks pretty slick with short hair. He also loves to wear his rain boots and run in the mud puddles after it rains....so even when the weather outside is bad-it doesn't get Grant down at all because he still loves being outside-rain or shine.
We have painted the clubhouse and stained the swing set outside. It looks so much better! I am anxious to work on the deck and get some mulch for around our trees. I think it will really make the backyard look nice. So, with all of the activities going on it has left me little time for my genealogy work but I have extended my membership on ancestry.com and still greatly enjoy it. I will get on again in about a month to keep you posted on what else is going on with Grant.
No comments:
Post a Comment