Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cottingham Genealogy

Grandma Cottingham, Lori, Vicki, and me.
My Grandpa Cottingham


My Dad when he was young

My Great Grandma Stratton

Cottinghams from Indiana

Girard Cemetery -Girard Illinois

Scottville Illinois, place of my father's birth

My Dad -age 13

My Dad's army photo



My Dad when he was in the army


A few months ago, I started to do some research about my ancestors and found myself very excited and interested about Genealogy. I am almost to the point of being obsessed. I have found some information on line which has been a family mystery for my father for many years. I have found this to be very rewarding and gratifying to discover such information. I started this journey to answer some questions for my father but now I am finding that I have continued to do this research for my own personal reasons and satisfaction. I have an account at ancestry.com and enjoy filling in the blanks. I think I have entered information to as far back as the early 1600's. With the help of my father, and his previous research, and the Internet I feel like I am right around the corner to discovering even more information about where I (and my ancestors) came from. Other people, (for example: my husband) don't seem to quite understand my fascination with this work but I think if you start this process for yourself you will learn something very interesting which will keep you longing for more. I spent an entire day this month with my father -traveling around in his old stomping grounds and site seeing with him. I was able to see the place where my father was born and took his first breath and also where both of my great grandparents used to live. I am excited to see where else this journey will take me. I have included pictures of some of the many places I traveled with my Dad this month. I have also included some older pictures of my father, grandparents, and other family pictures. Hoping to maybe spark an interest with some of my blog followers so you can start out on your own genealogical adventure!

No comments: