

















The last time I posted we were in the middle of seeing what Grant could do on the potty. Unfortunately, we tossed in the towel and decided that he wasn't quite ready. We plan to give it a few months and try again this summer. During this month Grant went to the St. Patty's Day parade with Dad in Jacksonville, got his 2 year portraits taken, saw the Easter Bunny, been to the doctor twice (both for strep throat), and has gotten to play outside quite a bit. We had a traumatic experience with the bunny rabbits at Buchheit. I took Grant there to see the little chicks -he spotted the bunny rabbits and wanted to pet one. I thought it to be harmless so I allowed him to bet the bunny -which he loved- until the bunny bit his finger. It bled quite a bit and I am sure it hurt. But Grant was a trooper and didn't cry at all....he just didn't want to see the bunnies anymore. Needless to say, I have learned my lesson (as a mother) -next time I will not allow him to put his finger in the animal cages. Grant went to see Uncle Jacob play in the All Star basketball game at the Bowl in Jacksonville. Actually, I need to restate that, Grant didn't SEE much of the ball game at all as he was too busy running around with his cousin Livvy during the entire game. I definitely got my exercise that night. I felt like one of those mall walkers-as I didn't want to sprint after him at risk of bringing attention to myself....so I just had to do a fast paced walk to try to keep up with him the entire time. He had a blast though and wore his "Uncle Jacob" shirt with pride. Grant participated in his first Easter Egg Hunt here with my daycare kids. He was a hoot. He knew that he could only pick up the eggs with his name-so when I would read the name aloud to him he would say "no, not Grant" and put in back down -and continued to look for ones that started with a "G." He did fantastic and loved every minute of it. The egg hunt was a huge success except for the fact that it was 85 degrees and sunny and my silly head failed to remember that chocolate tends to melt in warm weather- so we ended up having to put some of the chocolates in the freezer. Grant got his hair cut for the first time with the clippers. We took him to Bo Rics and he did a great job. I think he did so well because he knew he would get a sucker! The biggest event that happened for Grant this month was his BIRTHDAY. Grant turned two last week end. He had a terrific day. He woke up to a room full of balloons (thanks to Jason's hard work -he blew them all up) and a stack of presents from Jason and I. Then he had his Super Why party at the Concord Town Hall. He had a great time playing with his cousins, eating junk food, and opening his gifts. I think he got so many new things that he actually got bored with opening presents. He got too many things to list but to name a few, he got a new mini basketball, a mini football, a mini baseball glove and ball, a lot of Toy Story things, a tricycle, some monster trucks, a car launcher, a soccer net/ball, a kite....oh my, I don't even know why I even tried to name them all. It's impossible! He was spoiled! The day after his birthday was Easter- we attended 7am church service and breakfast then went home to find that the Easter Bunny paid him a visit. As if he didn't get enough for his birthday, we was consumed by more gifts. Unfortunately, the following day Grant became very sick. He threw up numerous times (probably more than 10x) and just couldn't keep anything down. He continued to be sick well into yesterday afternoon-so we took him to the doctor. The doc said he still has strep throat and a touch of the flu bug. He's on some medicine now so hopefully he will be back to his normal self soon. Grant HATES to take his medicine...it is a serious battle to get him to take it. We have tried putting it in his milk but he seems to know it's in there, we have tried to bribe him with candy, we have tried putting it on a Popsicle, but most of the time we have to resort to holding him down and forcing it in his mouth. I know I have said this on several of my previous postings but he is really starting to talk more. He is putting sentences together and repeating words so well. It's exciting for us- as we never know what is going to come out of his mouth next. He loves Skid and enjoys stuffing him with dog treats several times a day. He also LOVES to go outside and play....especially on the swing and in the sandbox. It's been a good month for our little man (minus the sicknesses). We are anxious to see what surprises he has in store for us in the month of April/May. I'll be sure to keep you posted on the most exciting events of Mr. Grant's life!
No comments:
Post a Comment