For the past several years our family enjoyed going to The Great Pumpkin Patch in Arthur, IL and although it is great fun over there I was itchin to try somewhere new. I had always heard that Tanner's Orchard was a great place to visit but something about it being called an "orchard" and not a "pumpkin patch" just didn't sit well with me. For those of you who don't already know, Pumpkin Patch day is one of my most favorite days of the entire year. I don't know why, it's really difficult to explain. I think it is something about the beauty of this time of year. The colors, the smells, the excitement of things to come. I don't know, call me crazy but I just LOVE pumpkin patch day and for years we have been lucky enough to take out on our adventures on the most beautiful days. Sunny, warm (not hot) and no chance of weather induced downers. I had high expectations when we took out to the patch this year and Tanners Orchard delivered! I was impressed and will certainly want to take the boys back again next fall. They just had so much to offer. Especially for young kids like our boys. We spent hours there and actually we could have stayed longer but we were pressed to get back in town for the all important annual Cruise Night. Next year we will ensure we allow for the entire day to explore and play and play again. Some of these pictures I have already shared on Facebook but most I have not- I took an overabundance of pictures but of course I would- it's after-all, my fav!

 |
| The boys loved rolling down the hills. It was so much fun to watch too |
 |
| cutie pies posing for a pic |
 |
| tires to climb on |
 |
| tractors to ride |
 |
| sand to dig |
 |
| Grant was admit about trying his hand at photography- this is one of his shots |
 |
| this kid kept photobombing- so after about 5 takes I told him to just join my boys int he picture! lol |
 |
| This man was giving Grant a hard time- after paying at the gate all activities are free- he asked Grant where is $50 was. Grant was baffled and really told me that he needed $50 to ride. Lol. |
 |
| Feeding goats |
 |
| loved riding Cheerio |
 |
| Grant's pony's name was Sophie |
 |
| Biggest Corn Maze EVER! |
|
 |
| Cousin Time |
 |
| Crazy Papa Ham |
 |
| Glow Sticks from Aunt Vicki |
 |
| Cruise Night fun |
 |
| Grant's most favorite thing was the corn maze. He loves the challenge! |
 |
| Another one of Grant's favorites was Tether ball |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment