Friday, January 30, 2015

Chair Makeover

Before and after pictures

Chair Makeover
Last Christmas my parents gave Jason and I a beautiful gift. They gave us this antique rocking chair that dates back to around the 1920's. I absolutely antiques especially ones with style and character. The chair they gave us definitely needed some TLC as the upholstery was coming apart and had appeared to have once been "fixed" with hot glue. I saw the potential in this chair and kept telling myself that I need to make it a priority to get it refinished.  After a year of watching the boys rocking away in the tethered old chair (Lane especially likes sitting in it) we decided it was time to give it the love and attention it needed. I was at a loss for where to even start on my journey to get this old chair looking spiffy again but with some help from others we ended up taking it to a local upholstery shop. I wanted to restore it to its original look and design and needed help in that department too...so I called my father knowing with full confidence that he would know. He recommended either brown or black leather as that was likely what it looked like in 1920. I am so please with how it turned out and I think I now have a new favorite piece of furniture. It's a priceless gift that I hope to pass on to the next generation. I secretly call it  "my Cottingham chair."

After

before

No comments: