Friday, January 30, 2015

All Things Grant

This boy...I tell ya what -HE AMAZES ME! Sweet as sugar (most of the time) and so smart.

Grant was proud of his 100th day of school shirt. It proved to be a pain in my butt as we ended up having to hot glue each of the 100 band aids on. The glue melted the band aid. It was painful.


This is picture his teacher shared with me. Apparently she used an age yourself app. Grant had a lot of fun with this.

Grant is excited to be participating in his first ever Jump Rope for Heart. He was thrilled to get to his first two levels which rewarded him with two rubber ducks. He's excited for the participation day!It's wild that they still do this...I remember participating in the same fundraiser as a child. I we made posters and had a competition-which I remember really enjoying as well.

cozied up at Grandma and Grandpas house- quite the pose. Such a little "thinker"

more fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house

Grant's Valentines are completed...we are just waiting for the 14th now (he loves these whistles- they make a really silly sound)
A few weeks ago Grant and I went on a Mommy/Son date. He went out to the yard and came back with this. He said, "it's too cold and there are no flowers this time of year so I got you this instead." So sweet and thoughtful. What a little gentleman he is.

He even opened doors for me all night -even my car door.

We really enjoyed the movie! Cute

Grant started playing organized basketball a few weeks ago. He made his first basket and was so excited about it! This is the first time we have had him participate in basketball as he has only really ever shown interest in baseball but this year he was thrilled to be starting basketball and even more thrilled that he is on the same team as some of his best buddies. So far he has made two baskets in two separate games. Unfortunately he is very focused on who WON and who LOST-which he wouldn't put emphasis on that but I've tried before to curb it and I think it's just in him to have a competitive nature.



really fun to watch these kiddos play



Update on Grant:
He loves playing games on his Kindle -it used to be Minecraft but that has been replaced my a game called My Singing Monsters.
He could eat pancakes or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for every meal
He still only drinks and prefers WATER- which I love so much
He is constantly shooting hoops in the playroom with the over the door hoop he has. He loves to slam dunk but I absolutely hate it because it seems to shake the entire house.
He still loves to read and has lately been really into creative writing too. The stories he writes are so interesting and imaginative!
He is still excelling at school and brings home outstanding work and report cards
He loves to torment his little brother...any chance he can get he likes to tease Lane or play tricks on him which often results in Lane screaming bloody murder.
He is so good at playing Hangman. We play on his white board and he beats me every time
He has another lose tooth and he is wishing and hoping it falls out soon.
He still likes to cuddle -although NEVER in public and he would be mortified if he knew I told you that he still enjoys snuggle time and asks for me to cuddle him every night. I love it and I am soaking it all up as it makes up for the times that he publicly shuns me because apparently its not cool to hold hands with your Mom anymore.
He loves to help Jason and Roger on our home improvement projects. He's right in the middle of it -measuring and hammering...it's cute
He still has a major sweet tooth and loves CANDY
He has just recently learned how to blow a bubble with bubble gum-I know see him picking gum off his face after a huge bubble pops all over him

He is growing up so incredibly fast!!!! I wish I could hit the "pause" button somewhere.

No comments: