Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July Randoms

I doubt any of you know that we had a midget mailbox for the past few years...so it's been on our "to do list" for a while now to replace our box. We did and this is the result. I sought out the perfect scrub to plant by it and ended up with a Pardon my Purple bee balm. However, now it is split right in half due to the wild winds we had during a storm a few weeks ago.  GRRRRRR! I swear I do not have luck with flower/plants!
Lane has been having a tough time with his allergies lately. Poor kid. They are much better now that he is on medicine. Medicine that he refuses to take so we have to sneak it into his milk. 

The day after the fourth we came out to see Mama and Papa Ham at my sisters house. The KOA was in town for the long weekend. My sister and her husband brought their RV and as did my parents...so the boys enjoyed a brief (brief because of our crazy busy schedule) visit with the family.
Skid got shaved and bathed last week and looks so much thinner now. He's getting so old -I look at his nose and see the grayness or his fur darkening and it makes me rather sad. He's a good old dog.
We think with Lane's curly locks that he could be a little mini- Will Ferrell. What do you think?
Skid is in heaven -look at his tongue hanging out. lol
Over the past few months Lane and Skid have really bonded. They have always been buds but they have been spending a lot more time together lately.
Always up to something. This time he said, "shhh...I am spying on Grandma." (Grandma was not at our house-which made this comical)
Our very neglected garden is showing signs of success.
We took the boys to the fair last week. We went on the first night (it was so pleasant- it was 75 and sunny) and it was perfect.  We met the Selby's there so we could ride the rides with Miss Mallory Jo. Unfortunately, I failed to take pictures and the above pic is the only one I have. Lane's favorite was the giant slide. Grant's favorite was the Big Boat. Grant ventured out this year and rode the "big boy" rides. He and I rode the rocket bullets that spin and go up-side-down.  He liked it but I could tell he was scared out of his mind. He wore as a nervous smile the entire time. It was so fun to have that time with Grant but I thought I was going to ralph. I am clearly no longer the young pup I used to be.

He loves the hose!
Grant attended VBS in Arenzville last week. And as I knew he would, he loved it.
I am so proud of this little boy. I absolutely love to hear positive feedback from adults that are around him. I love to hear how well behaved and polite he is. I got to hear that once again after his VBS program and it makes my heart smile to hear such wonderful praises.  He is a sweet little boy most all of the time. He does like to torment his little brother which does cause me to want to PULL my hair out sometimes!
Lane was getting a bible lesson from his big brother after VBS.
Took the kiddos to the Arenzville library summer reading program on friday.
They enjoyed the tractor that Beard Implement had on hand for the kids to sit in.  They really enjoyed the BOOKS too. My boys still love them some BOOKS!
Horrible picture (my hair looks like I should be an 80's rockband groupie) but Jason and I did enjoy Lee Brice at the Morgan County fair. I love concerts with Jason...we always have an amazing time. 
over the weekend we went to Aunt Pam's for a family reunion. The boys LOVED swimming. I'm not sure they ever got out once they got in. They were like little fish.


He was still "swimming" even in the tub.
Lane's got some nice tan lines going on.



I haven't done a top 10 "like" list lately so .....I will.

Lane's list of LIKES
1. press-on tatoos
2. stickers
3.sidewalk chalk
4. packing random things around (from band-aide boxes, to boxes of donut holes to a bucket of toy tractors) whatever item he chooses in the morning he will usually go most of the day with that in hand
5.The hose. He loves WATER- "giving my plants a drink" is what he says he's doing but really what he's doing is getting soaked to the bone.
6. Big Milk- he calls his milk sippy cups "big milks" and has for a while now. He loves his milk and will request milk several times a day.
7. swinging- whether it be in his baby swing or in the big kid swings on his belly he passes a lot of time just a swingin.
8. he loves his dog, Skid. He is always wondering where he's at and feeding him snacks. He likes to find sticks for him to chew on and gives him plastic water bottles to play with. Skid loves water bottles. 9.He loves to roll the windows down in the car. He loves that he has control (until of course he abuses his priveledges and I turn the child lock on)
10. He loves to be chased and tickled. He really likes it when the daycare kiddos chase him.

Grant's list of LIKES
1. playing baseball
2. reading chapter books
3. riding his bike
4. playing with his friends (AKA daycare kiddos)
5. tormenting his brother
6. counting and collecting his money (he loves to do chores to earn more money)
7. FUN FRIDAY
8. playing his DS or ipad
9. pizza- and pancakes (this kid could live off of pizza and pancakes I swear!)
10. watching Cardinal baseball on tv

No comments: