2014 WILL BE A GOOD ONE
I have a wonderful feeling that 2014 is going to be a great year! It has already started out better than last. With every new year, it is expected of people to make resolutions that may help make their lives better than the year prior. I have actually been awaiting the start of a new year and the blank slate it offers and have put a lot of thought into what I would like for this new year. I have made a list of a few things I would like to change to ensure that 2014 is better than last.
My resolution this year, is to live a healthier life. Yes, I am going to follow another workout plan (P90X3 to be more specific) and drink more water and less soda (and wine). But that's not all...I want more than just a healthy body. I want a healthy mind and spirit. I want to focus on things and people who bring positivity into my life. Life hands us all battles and challenges (some of us get bigger handfuls than others) but it is all how we choose to handle these tribulations that is ultimately important. So, even if 2014 hands me boats full of problems and obstacles (hope it doesn't) I am not going to loose sight of the importance of staying positive. I will continue to turn to prayer and the support of my amazing family and friends to get me over the "hills"and "mountains" that I may face on the road ahead.I will remember to praise God for the blessings along the way and rejoice in the fact that I have a family to share them with.
In addition to that, I am making a promise to myself to try harder to be more present and in the moment. That will mean less time watching TV, on my phone or computer and more time just soaking up all of the moments of this precious life that I have been given. I am looking forward to this because if I spend less time with technology I will be left with so much more time to do the things I used to (and still do) love. Reading, crafting, exercising. Ahhhh, it's going to be refreshing.
I am excited to see what this new year will bring our way. Last year was filled with many wonderful memories.
Grant started Kindergarten, played t-ball in the spring and c-ball in the fall. He went to swim lessons and vacation bible schools. He was crowned little Mr. Burgoo (which is still so funny to me-beings that he is such a shy little guy). He learned to read and has continued to love school and learning.
Lane has grown as well...both physically and developmentally. He can hold a conversation with anyone about anything now -he's just like one of the other kids in that respect.Over the past few months he has had a huge explosion in vocabulary!! It's been a hoot for us to watch. His personality and sense of humor has blossomed over the past 12 months as well -which also has been so fun and exciting to witness.
We are so very blessed to have these sweet little boys in our lives. I spent some time recently just flipping through our photos from the last year. We enjoyed several parades, a trip to the beach, several trips to St. Louis (cardinals games and the zoo), county fairs and festivals, pumpkins patches, and the Polar Express at Christmas time. We attended my cousins wedding and enjoyed many hotel stays over the year.
Jason and I had a year full of CONCERTS.I think we attended 4 or 5 this year alone and had a blast at each one. We made some beautiful memories with just the two us. We are blessed to have such amazing parents who watch our boys for us when we wish to have time alone. I feel it is the most important part of a marriage....togetherness and time away from the children allows you to fall in love all over again and remember why you picked that person as your partner for life. And what a wonderful partner I have. Jason has been and always will be my very best friend. He understands me like no one else does. He and I are a great TEAM!!!! And this team is ready for 2014!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment