Grant thoroughly loved ringing in the New Year with us this year. His favorite....noise makers.
Lane practicing his riding skills on his new pony.
Our home is so cozy at Christmas time-it's so sad to see the tree and decor go.
Such a sweet smile.
Ok, Uncle Jacob is probably the only person who knows what this picture was supposed to look like. LOL. Baby Snowman picture=-complete failure
We received a new Canon camera from Roger and Sandy and it does such a better job at taking pictures! SO MUCH BETTER! SOOO SOOO SOOO MUCH BETTER! I love it. I just don't love that I don't have it mastered yet.
Another picture of the failed attempted at BABY SNOWMAN
So cute in his overalls.
Grant is always messin with Lane. I love Lane's expression in this picture. It says it all.
Lane loved this hat. He walked around with it pulled way over his eyes and would just walk until he ran into something.
Peek A Boo
Uh, yeah, pretty sure you aren't supposed to be playing with those-Lane.
Grant, after throwing his homemade confetti (we used a hole puncher-he loved it)
He stayed up til 11pm! Pretty impressive for him, I must stay. He was so determined to watch the ball drop.
We didn't have the heart to tell him that New York celebrates an hour before us. We just let him think that 11PM was midnight.
Ok-so baby snowman photo was a failure as you know. So Grant wanted a turn so here it is.
Hilarious, if you ask me.
Every year I look forward to ringing in the New Year and getting a chance at a fresh start, a clean slate, a new beginning. Well, this year I rang in the New Year with very bruised (maybe fractured) ribs. UGH! It was awful! Seriously, the worst pain I have ever felt (minus the two c-section births) in my life! So, what happened you ask? Well, it was December 28th and I being the stay-at-home Mom type was dressed in my usual comfy clothes and fuzzy socks (this is important to the story that's why I am telling you) and the kiddos needed me to get some craft supplies from the basement. I picked Lane up and popped him on my hip and took off for the basement. This is wear the fuzzy socks come into play. I quickly found out how very quickly you can biff when spa socks and hard wood steps meet. Unfortunately, we do not have a finished basement and all that I could see before me was concrete. When you are falling you don't have much time to think but thankfully, I had enough time to think to lean back. I over compensated backwards to avoid seeing my baby's head meet the concrete and therefore my back hit every step on the way down. Actually to be more specific, my right ribcage hit every step on the way down. It knocked the wind right out of me and scared the poo out of both Lane (who was safe in my arms) and Grant (who stood at the top of the steps looking down at me). Ok, so after a day or two of being in a lot of pain I decided to pay the ER a visit (especially since our deductible had been met for the year and the visit would be free of charge) to see if I had broken anything. X-ray showed nothing and I was told I had bruised my ribs. I was given some awesome drugs (hydrocodone) to help with the pain and get me comfortable enough to sleep at nights. Alright, so if it wasn't bad enough, on New Year's Eve, I twisted every so slightly to see in the mirror what kind of bruising I had and heard this loud pop followed by horrific pain. I am talking literally put me to me knees, feeling dizzy, and nauseated kind of pain. The pop felt as though it came from the exact location of my initial injury. Ugh! It was HORRIBLE! After about a week of icing it and putting over the counter pain patches on I finally decided to see the chiropractor. He told me he could do nothing for me because the swelling was to great still (this was 2 weeks after the fact by the way) and so I was given heat, ultra sound, and electro therapy to reduce swelling and finally last week I was able to receive my first adjustment. Welp, if that wasn't enough to get my ribs feeling well -I guess God thought I needed a couple of days of straight bed rest to really get em healed up because last last week (Thursday evening) I was not only throwing up but had diarrhea, chills, headache and the most horrible stabbing stomach pains I have ever had. I thought that maybe it was food poisoning but now I think I just had the new strand of the flu (Norovirus). I wasn't able to do anything but lay around for 2 1/2 -3 days. And although it was horrible I feel like God just helped to heal my ribs. Because, although, I still feel there's a bit more healing that needs to take place for the most part-my back feels really good. Yep, that's been my 2013 so far. It's only gotta get better, right? Actually, if this is as bad as it gets then we are doing just fine. Could always be worse.
To catch ya up on things, cause it's been a while...I am still enjoying PINTEREST -almost to the point of an addiction. I probably make one pinterest recipe or pinterest inspired craft a week if not more. I love- love- love it.
Grant is still doing wonderful at school and is enjoying his time with his best friends. Alyssa and Bronc. He talks about them both all of the time. Mostly Alyssa..he gets home from school and immediately says, "I miss Alyssa." He talks about how her "face is so pretty." He tells me all the things he does as school and he never lets anything go by without adding "me and Alyssa." It's really cute to watch them together. They are just adorable. I do not know what we will do when summer comes. Grant needs spring to arrive (and so do I) because he has so much energy it's dangerous to keep him inside. He is constantly running and sliding all over the house. He always wants to pretend to be some superhero. One day it is HULK the next it's Captain America....and the next it's Spiderman.It came be quite comical.
Lane is something else too...he watching big brother all of the time and constantly wants to do what Grant is doing. Especially COLORING. He is obsessed with markers! And will throw a bloody fit if you take one away from him. He is really into CLIMBING. He climbs chairs and doesn't stop there-he continues to climb chairs to get on top of tables. He's a ham...cause he knows he shouldn't so he looks you dead in the eye, smiles, and then shakes his head NO NO. He usually adds a finger point in there too. He loves his bath time and is getting more and more daring there too. He dunks his head under the running water and slip slides around the bathtub like he's in thunder river or something. He loves to eat! Funny because I remember only a few short months ago we were taking him to a feeding specialist because he refused to eat. Now, he eats more than Grant. Seriously, he literally eats more than Grant at meal times. (Grant snacks too much-it's a problem we need to address ASAP). Lane still loves to be read to. Books are his thing. He seems to only like playing with balls and sometimes trucks and tractors....he spends most of his time on my lap with a book though. I have to admit I am having a difficult time taking his bottle from him. I actually think he will do fine with it but it is ME who has some issues. It signifies the loss of his infancy...and I haven't' been ready to go there yet. Maybe this weekend? We also still rock him to sleep every night. A luxury Grant never got as a baby -cause we let him cry it out. Not Lane, we are babying him up and soaking up every last second of him being little. Is it fair? Probably not, but there's no changing it now. Grant got spoiled in other ways (having our undivided attention 24/7 and not having to share a thing -including his parents with anyone).
What else, I don't know -but I plan to add more pics soon. Unfortunately this high end camera is much more difficult to figure out how to edit and upload so we will see what I can do. I need to take a class to figure this thing out. I will post again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment