Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Busy Busy Busy
Ugh, I feel like I haven't had a moment to catch my breath here lately. I was gone all weekend -I enjoyed a wonderful trip to my Dad's hometown (Chester, Illinois) on Friday and Saturday and returned only to leave again for Liberty for a family reunion. All day Monday I spent cleaning the kitchen and replacing all of my decoratives back on the walls. Jason got the ceiling completed! What a relief...dry walling is such a messing and time consuming job. It didn't help that he had to work in the one room we use the most and gets traveled through the greatest. Nice to be DONE! Unfortunately he has to turn right around and get started on another dry walling project- the nursery closet. Shouldn't take as long or be quite as annoying as the kitchen project so I don't think he minds much. Today I spent the morning loading and unloading all of the garage sale items for Marylee's annual garage sale. Grant "helped" me by eating popcorn and watching on the sidelines. He was so good that I treated him to lunch. Of course when asked where he wanted to go he replied, "McDonald s." I could not be more sick of McDonald's and he is only 3. I am sure I have at least a good 10 years before he chooses a different eating venue. Ugh! The weather could be warmer but at least we are seeing the sun! The weekend rain killed me an my mood! Tonight I have to make a trip to Toys R Us for Cassie, Ben, and Mason's birthday gifts. Should be fun-Toys R Us has a strange way of simultaneously putting a smile on my face and frustrating the hell out of me so we'll see how it goes. I at least have a really good idea about what I am after. Tomorrow night I am supposed to attend a Mother Daughter Banquet with my sisters and mom in Liberty but since Jason not only has one yard to mow -but two I think I am going to have to sit this one out and stay home with Grant so he can get some yard work done. Friday we have a Livy's dance recital to attend...and my sister, Lori, her husband Mike, and my nephew Collin are all coming to our place -they are bringing their camper and staying the weekend. Cassie is having her birthday party on Saturday. An all day event which will start with the Downtown Turnaround Celebration Parade and events and will end with pizza and a pool party at a hotel in Jacksonville. I am excited -as it's always so much fun to see Cassie and watch the little ones play together. Sunday we have another birthday party to attend-this time we are going to my Godson's first birthday party in Quincy. I am anxious to see him. I know he has gotten so big! Then next week -oh -the real excitement begins! The kids only have two full days of school and then they have a half day and out for summer break! Say prayers for me now please. It may just be a long long summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment