Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Going BONKERS!!!!!
































Over the weekend Jason and I decided to go someplace where Grant can blow off some steam and energy since it's been a long and gruleling winter trapped in doors. We ventured over to Quincy for the day on Sunday...and ended up at BONKERS. If you are not familar with Bonkers it is basically a huge in-door playground/jungle gym filled with sweaty-busy- kids of all ages. It was so packed that we had to park across the street to get a parking spot...there were several birthday parties going on while we were there so I would imagine that is why it was such a busy place to be. I have been there before and it was not nearly as crowded or loud but I believe I may have went in the summer and on a weekday instead of a weekend. We met up with my sister, Lori and her little boy, Collin there. The boys had a great time playing. And when I say boys I am including my husband! I noticed that every picture I took of Grant -Jason is somewhere in the background with a HUGE smile on his face. I guess its a place to have fun for ALL AGES. And speaking of "age"-Jason's just went up a digit yesterday. He is now 32 years old. I joke him and tell him that he really is old if he throws his back out of place by just unloading the dryer. :) Jason's birthday mood would likely dampened by the fact that he ended up having to take Grant into the doctor yesterday morning. Turns out -Grant has strep throat. Yuck! He's been coughing like a crazy kid and has been kind of grumpy but other than that he's been his normal self...would have never have guessed he had strep if it hadn't been for his short lived little fits of rage in the middle of the night (several nights in a row). That's what sparked us to take him to the doctor. Seriously-he would wake up crying, and extremely moody. Nothing would calm him...he didn't want rocked, held, walked, left alone....nothing could please him! It was acutally somewhat scary to have to experience because he was definately not himself. Almost like he was a totally different child. So...hopefully with time and several doses of antibiotics we can kick this strep stuff. And hopefully before Saturday because I have Grant's 3 year pictures scheduled for that day. I can't wait for spring so all of these nasty little "bugs" can get gone! Speaking of Spring....my most favorite day of the whole year is coming up this weekend! DAY LIGHT SAVINGS! Yippie Skippie! Ok-sorry this blog is a bit messed up...I changed my picture settings and then couldn't figure out how to change them back. So OOOPS! Excuse the messy look of this post.
The final pictures are of Grant playing with his cousins at Grandma Barry's house. After playing at Bonkers we went out to visit for a while. Grant had a blast rough housing her gaming chair. Hope we left it in one piece. I think we did but it's questionable.

No comments: