So, for about a month now we have known that Jason was to have a root canal. I tried to prep him for the worst because I always heard such horrid stories about root canals (although I have never personally had one done). Thursday mid-morning we drove to Springfield to the dentist office. Since we had Grant with us and I knew the procedure would take about 45 min-to an hour I decided to not even attempt to make Grant sit in the waiting room for that long. That would just be a crazy plan so we decided to drop Jay off at the dentist office and Grant and I hopped over the mall for some FUN. We rode the carousel, rode the quarter rides, bought bubble gum out of the machines, bought some slap bracelets (picked them out for Livy as a part of her bday gift but Grant fell in love with them and wanted one too-I couldn't tell him "no" because slap bracelets really are pretty fun and hard to resist) and we then went to Build A Bear. Grant had never been in that store before as we kind of always thought of it as a bit too girly for him but then I came to my senses and realized that it's not really girly at all...and totally unisex. He chose a black grizzly bear that growls so that eased a lot of my tension about the "girliness stuff" and when I asked Grant what he was going to name his new bear he said, "Peanut" (my sisters dog is named peanut and so Grant always wants to name animals peanut too) but then when we got to the counter and was making out the bears birth certificate the worker asked Grant what he wanted to name his bear and he responded without thought, "Jason." Cracked me up. He named him Jason as the time but now he has switched his name again to just BEAR. Anyway-Grant and I had a fantastic time waiting on Dad. Jason did a terrific job during his root canal and after. I seriously thought he would be faint or sick or something and he was neither which was a huge relief to me. So it's good to have that checked off the list.
This week -is the final touches on Grant's big birthday party coming up on Saturday. Have several places to call -confirmations to make-and last minute here and there things to buy. I hope he has a fantastic party...I am looking forward to it but more honestly I am looking forward to it being over with too. Too much stress involved -my only concern right now is how the heck I am going to transport his cake from Ursa to Concord without wrecking it. Ummm. Guess I should start praying now uh.
No comments:
Post a Comment