Wednesday, February 16, 2011

DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY

be consistent-set limits-ignore annoying behavior-limit TV time-be active-go outside-go to church- pick battles wisely-enforce good manners ALL of the time-family night--include-spend time playing-provide structured activities -read-set rules- say "No"-set a good example-encourage a healthy lifestyle-give choices-praise-have patience-PRAY

The past few days Grant has pressed every button, hit every nerve, and tested all limits with me...so I created a list of things I value and want to be as a mother. I posted this list on the refrigerator so I can view it as often as possible. So far it has helped me remain focused on the long term goal and helped me keep my composure. Actually today, Grant has been much more enjoyable and delightful to be around. He hasn't gotten into TIME OUT yet today (which is amazing considering he has been in T/O multiple times a day for the past few days)-we still have to see how he behaves when the little daycare kiddos arrive but all in all we have had a much better day. I am going to stay focused and will not allow myself to fail this incredibly difficult job of being a good mother. Again, I will say, people who think parenting is easy-clearly aren't doing it the right way. If I accomplish one thing in my life it is to be the best Mother I can be.....boy have I had to continuously "check" myself on this?




No comments: