All the crystal I had to clean
Ok, random picture of Grant that really doesn't fit into this blog post at all but hey he's cute so why not?
My china I spent FOREVER cleaning over the weekend.
Yep, I cleaned EVERYTHING! I took out all of the glassware and pretty much everything in the entire room and cleaned every inch!
Ok, this is the cake I made over the weekend. Got too anxious to frost it so it turned into crumble cake but hey-didn't stop my boys from digging into it....so lesson learned.This blog is entitled, "Now I Know Why" because I learned over the weekend why I do not spend more time DEEP CLEANING....it's because it's a huge pain in the ass and extremely time consuming. I literally spent days DEEP CLEANING the entire house (with the exception of one bedroom and the basement). I must be getting old as I feel arthritis in my hands and my back hasn't hurt like this since my high school cheer-leading and tumbling days! My blog title has dual meaning- Now I Know Why I don't do it more often and now I also Know Why I should! Gross stuff I tell ya....dust bunnies the size of Texas and lots of hidden lady bug carcasses. Yuck! Ah, feels so good to have it done (again, with the exception of the lighthouse room/basement). I think the most time consuming room was the dinning room. I think I counted 40 china plates 8 teacups, 1 a soup bowl, and 1 serving knife. Although with all of the other decoratives and crystal I have displayed in my build ins. Ugh, I thought the decor in my dinning room was scarce until this weekend when I found myself washing, drying, and placing all of it.
Now, the major challenge is still ahead. The basement! Not, too bad -just so much random stuff that has no "home." I am good at purging so I bet a lot of it ends up in the garage sale pile or the garbage. I think I need at least a week to recover from this past week long cleaning binge though....so it will have to wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment