Monday, January 10, 2011

A Couple of Great Finds=Excitment for Dana

ok, so this one looks a bit cheesey because of the color combination she used but with our colors I think we can make these guys look pretty stinkin cute.
Blurry picture of Grant at his new desk. I hated to "X" the pic just because of the blurriness because he is sporting such a proud and excited grin in this one.
notice the white remains of a sticker on the side in this picture?
Now it's gone! I scrubbed on it for a while and finally got it off. Now just one more to go.
This is the pic of the top of the desk that has the marker writings-again nothing that we can't just sand right on off. Love old/antique stuff and this is on my list of favorites. My parents used to have one when I was growing up and I seriously used to love that thing. They may still have it-need to check on that.





Ok, I am totally dorky and no sane person should ever get this excited about such silly things but I am! I found a great craft project for my kiddos to do on Wednesday afternoon. For some reason the school has these random "school improvement days" which I have no idea what it is they do but the kids get dismissed early Wednesday so I searched for a project on the net that would keep them busy and out of trouble. I found this super cute Snowman you make out of recycled two liter soda bottles. Thankfully, I have collected gobs and will have plenty -I think this project will really be fun. So that's one "good find"!

My other "good find" is this wonderful old school desk. Grant fell in love with it from first sight and I did as well so we had to buy it. Unfortunately it wouldn't fit in the car so I ended up making another trip back into town today with the truck. It has some blemishes but nothing that us Frugal Frickes can't fix. It had two stickers stuck to the metal -I was able to get one removed but the other may need some "goo be gone" work and the top has been colored on with marker -but that's nothing that Jason can't just sand off. I am excited about it -almost as much as Grant is. He plans to do his "school work" there. Ha! He doesn't have school work but he can pretend if he wants and when he does have real school homework it will give him the perfect place to work! Now the question is......where am I gonna put this thing?

No comments: