Grant likes to throw EVERYTHING! Even his gifts!
The only kid in the world who gets this excited about clothes for Christmas!
A new FOOTBALL! AWESOME!
Big box of CARS and TRUCKS! Just what he's been asking for.
CANDY! Grant's most favorite gift!
Livvy in a box! Funny!
Strawberry Shortcake Pool was a big hit with Livvy.
Ummmm....nuts! I'm just thankful the candy dish was filled with these and not sweets. thanks Sandy!
Grant -always wanting someone to read books to him. Aunt Jenna was the lucky one here!
Grant as BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!
Waiting patiently for the gifts.
Excited!
My little boy at home after church.
Grant was so excited on Christmas Eve (day) that he could not even fall asleep during nap time. He was not only excited about Santa coming soon but also extremely anxious to go to Grandma and Papa Fricke's "Christmas party" (as he called it). Once there, he was a bit on the shy side at first but after about a half hour he warmed up and the true Grant was revealed. He enjoyed opening his gifts and reorganizing them. Haha....he does that with almost everything. He must have some of his mother's OCD tendencies, I guess. As always, Sandy and Roger were way too generous and spoiled not only Grant but Jason and I too. They really did too much! He had a fantastic time. After the festivities at the Fricke's, we attended Christmas service at St. Paul's. He was so sweet when we got there....he said "Merry Christmas" in his sweetest little voice to all those who pasted by our pew. However once service got underway -he became bored which brought out the little devil in him. He started kicking my chins (pretty hard) while the rest of the church was in midst of singing Silent Night. Oh the irony! Oh my goodness was I upset with him and his behavior!!! I even had to excuse myself for a moment to gain my composure. Ugh....that boy can go from sweet as sugar to ornery as a red stripped snake in 3.2 seconds. I swear! Anyway aside from getting frustrated with my tired/bored little toddler -it was a wonderful service and I truly enjoyed my Christmas Eve. Once home, we sat down as a family and opened our PJ's. I decided to make it a new family tradition to open one gift on Christmas Eve-that gift-being Pajamas. We wrote a note to Santa and sat out the cookies and milk and put our little man to bed. It was nice to snuggle up with my hubby, watch the end of A Christmas Story, with the anticipation of Christmas morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment