It has been a very busy week. Monday afternoon I received a package from Mr. Postman which included my entryway curtains. Unfortunately, when we tried to hang them they weren't long enough. We kept the top portion (the swag) but had to send back and re-order the tiers. Oh well-eventually I will get them looking the way I want. Frustrating though.
Tuesday evening I went with Vicki to support the Unity Mustangs at their sectional volleyball game in Jacksonville. First game was extra exciting and held my attention but the second game just sucked. They lost but it was still nice to go with Vicki. Volleyball used to be her life and passion (it was never something I could really get into unless she was playing) so it was fun to watch her watch the game. I do a lot of that anymore. I sit back and watch people and their expressions as they watch, act, and talk. Crazy, I know, but I like to try to analyze people and try to figure out their thoughts.
Got some disheartening news from my parents about my little sister and her behavior earlier this week which has really caused me some great turmoil and frustration. I have since wrote a letter to her to express my thoughts/feelings -this has allowed me to brush it off and "wipe my hands of it." Which is nice.
Wednesday I met up with one of my best friends -(Amy) for dinner and drinks. It's always so refreshing to get out with the girls and talk. I have finally found someone who doesn't annoy the shit out of me and in additional to that isn't overly dramatic, materialistic, or self centered. I can confide in her and believe we will have a long term friendship. Such a nice feeling to know you have someone and not just someone but someone you really really enjoy being with. We really are so much alike -(it can be scary at times).
The kids got out of school a bit early yesterday and have the entire day off today. We did some arts and crafts and now that it's Grant's nap time they are now watching a movie. Finally some quiet. Although its a bit nutty on days off of school I find that these are the days when I appreciate my little kiddos more. They really are good kids and a whole lot of fun. God love em.
I am excited because I keep getting packages in the mail (not for me but Christmas gifts) and have so much more still on the way. Thank goodness for on-line shopping and free shipping deals. I know I have bragged before but I want to say it again because it makes me smile-I have all of our Christmas shopping done minus the Santa Claus gifts to Grant. Which won't take anytime at all -as we know what we want to get him and have already bought several things. Ah...it feels nice.
We plan to go shopping for our entryway door this weekend. Can't wait until that gets installed. It will make the entire project really come together. I'll post again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment