new steps leading to the basement (thanks Roger)
New curtains
My new rug (good gosh-I can't wait to get my new door in-that white one is hideous)
New lighting (thanks again Roger)
Curtains
Grants big boy bed (being put together)
Last moments in the crib
Last picture of Grant in his baby crib.Grant is now officially a "BIG BOY." We bought him a toddler bed over the weekend and he was immediately thrilled and extra proud of his new bed and sleeping arrangements. He has done awesome! I hesitated because we really had no real reason to move him out of his crib as he was not attempting to climb out, he always laid right down and went to sleep, and it's not like we need the crib for another child so I was following the general rule, "if it's not broke, don't fix it." Now, I am so happy with the decision to pull the trigger and just get him a big boy bed as he is in love with it. He immediately had to take all of his friends upstairs to his room to show it off. So super cute to watch.
Grant thinks he is so big now that he demands to do almost everything independently. Which is fantastic at times and then others it's frightening for me. Speaking of frightening, we paid the Emergency Room another visit over the weekend after Grant experienced a scary fall down our staircase (approx. 15 steps). He quickly developed a rather large bump on the side of his head and I just couldn't bare the thought of something horrible happening to him if we didn't have him examined -so we took him in. He loved it because he got stickers and the doctor suggested we not give him solid food which meant ICE CREAM for Grant. As a mother, I feel extremely guilty for not being there for him when he needed me (meaning not being there to catch him or preventing it all together). Ugh, such a heartbreaking experience to hear that kind of cry (the one that screams "I am in pain.") He was and still is just fine though. We are now a bit more cautious about the stairs now.
We took Grant to Toys R Us over the weekend thinking he would run down every isle attaching himself to toys he wanted and found interesting (which I thought to be expected of a child his age) but NO -Grant sat his little butt down right by the books and read each and everyone of them without even giving the toys a second glance. Yes, he pointed to a view things and noticed the balls but for the most part he was extremely content with just looking at the books. Which is wonderful to know that he has such a tremendous love for reading but I was hoping for him to fulfill my expectation in the toy isles. We already have several toys, games, trucks, tractors, and other fun items bought for him for Christmas and I guess now he need to add a butt load of books to the list.
We have been enjoying the unseasonably warm November weather the past few days. Don't get me wrong, I love the warm temps but it's kind of disturbing to me that it can be so warm in NOVEMBER! We took a walk this morning -through the corn fields and cemetery. Grant loved our nature walk but on the way back he said his legs were too tired to walk anymore so I ended up having to carry him back. Now I am exhausted.
I have the smell of BBQ meatballs radiating through our house right now. I went ahead and made dinner over lunch time as meatballs seem to take too long to make and it's difficult to do with a house full of little kiddos. I am so thankful for Jason's lady friends at the bank for giving me such a wonderful cooking website. I have made several dishes from the page and have enjoyed each and every one of them. Yay! I finally found a site that suits me and my cooking needs. She shows pictures of each and every step to each and every recipe. I love it. Thanks bank gals!
I am extremely excited about the last and final Harry Potter movie that is set to release in theaters in 11 days. Unfortunately I think I may be sittin row one by myself as no one I know ever got into the movies/books. Especially not my husband...he despises Harry Potter/Twilight stuff. My girlfriends never read the books either so it looks like I will be ridin solo that night. Which I am totally fine with as long as I get to go!
Our entryway project is slowly wrapping itself up. We got the new curtains (both sets) hung last night and I also found a beautiful braided rug to accent the room. Lighting is hung and basement steps are pretty well done (still need to put poly on them). We also placed the order for our new door. I got my Mesa Red door-just hope it looks as pretty installed as it does in my imagination. Guess we will have to wait a few more weeks to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment