Monday, August 9, 2010

Finally! Good Golly Miss Molly was that annoying!

Grant loves CORN ON THE COB from the FRICKE GARDEN
GRANT WITH HIS BEST BUDDIES!

Grant in the tub



Beautiful smile



ONLY GRANT CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET DIRTY AND MESSY IN THE BATH!



So, if you follow me on Facebook you will already know that I have had some blogger issues. Sometimes, I wonder if this is even worth my time. I mean -really Facebook allows me to tell you moment to moment what Grant is up to and it also allows me to quickly upload several photos of him within minutes. I used to enjoy this but I am beginning to reconsider this BLOG stuff. It seems to never be working properly. Which in turn causes me unnecessary frustration and stress....which is something I am trying to eliminate not attract. I will give Blogger a few more goes but if it continues to be a pain in the ass then I will be calling it quits for good. UGH!

Ok, enough of me and my bitterness and on to why I do this. GRANT! What an awesome kid he has become. I love him more and more with everyday...which I am sure every Mom out there feels too. I am really enjoying his expanding vocabulary and the crazy and off-the wall things he says now. He keeps me very entertained. He is especially well behaved lately which makes being around him 24/7 more enjoyable. He still loves being a typical boy -which includes not having an inch of his body that isn't covered in dirt and given that it's summer time we can also toss in a mixture of sweat, sand, and water. He is still enjoying our Fricke Frog Farm (aka our yard full of little toads) and will pack the poor little things around until I eventually feel so bad for the little guys that I "accidentally" let them go.
We have had another very busy month. This month we celebrated with our friends Jenny and Steve as they baptised their new little addition, Mr. Benjamin. I was given the honor of being Ben's Godmother and standing up with them on his special day. Grant however DID NOT enjoy seeing his Mommy loving on a baby. He cried and yelled for his Mom during the baptism until Jason had to take him out. Poor Grant....he just doesn't have the ability to realize that he will forever be my one and only little baby and will never be replaced.

Grant also enjoyed another trip to Nichols Park Pool -this time with his friend, Mason. He loves to swim and loves it even more when his friends are able to join him. The following week we went swimming at Jason's Aunt Pam's house with Zoey and Cordell. Grant had a good time but it was a bad call on my part to go right at his nap time-so we didn't stay long.
Jason and I went to Six Flags-just the two of us. I LOVE IT! We had a blast and rocked out all of the rides. Even the scarest ones! I have always loved thrill rides but this time I loved them even more because I was with my wonderful husband and had a newly found sense of youthfulness! Grant stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Fricke. G-ma Fricke took him to see Toy Story 3 again and to McDonalds.

We took a trip to Peoria a few weeks ago to see Jacob play in yet another ALL STAR football game. We went early that day and made a stop at the Splashdown water park there in Peoria. Once again we couldn't keep Grant off the huge water slides. We tried our hardest to coax him over to the toddler area but he wanted nothing to do with that boring stuff-he needed SPEED. We went to Jacob's game but only got to watch the first half -as it got called off due to rain and lightning. Oh well-we still had a great time.
Grant had to go back to St. John's this month for his check up on his foot. We got the x-rays back and the good report from the doc -so he will no longer need to go back. And hopefully we never have to go back to that place ever again!
Jason and I had an out of town wedding at the end of this month so Grant got the opportunity to stay ALL NIGHT with Grandma and Grandpa Fricke. From what he has told us, he had a great time playing with his cousin Livvy and going to McDonald's to eat. The following day we went to my parents house to visit with them. My mom celebrated her birthday the week prior so we wanted to make sure we saw her. Grant had a blast in the jump-o-line and the sit-n-spin. He loved playing with Collin and Cassie. I haven't seen him laugh that hard in a very long time. I am talkin-face beet red, tears in the eyes, gut jiggling, kind of laugh. It was nice to spend time with them. He had such a great time he didn't want to leave and kept saying, "no, Mommy, I don't want to go to Concord."
My parents were just here over the weekend to watch him for us while we went out for our friend Amy's birthday. He once again had a great time. He enjoyed reading books, playing cars and trucks, and playing on his Sit-n-Spin they brought for him. It's so nice to have such great parents and parent- in-laws who take such good care of him when we have to be away.

We were also able to spend some time with Jason's extended family this past weekend....as his Aunt Pam and Uncle Charlie had everyone over to their house. Grant loved swimming, riding on the Gator, and playing with the kids. We had a great weekend.

This month I took they daycare kids and Grant to the library in J-ville. Grant was in awe as he had never been to a library before and he loves books. He said, "Look- alot, alot, alot of books Mommy!" He was excited and loved it! We plan to go back very soon.

The summer is winding down and the school year is approaching which makes me very excited because that means I will get some more one on one time with my little guy. Next week I am on vacation for the week and will be -once again attempting the potty training thing. Some people have told me that they think Grant is still too young and that boys should wait until they are 3 but I also know how well he did a few months ago and I just can't help but try to help him do this again. I think he can do it, I hope he can do it, but of course if it doesn't work out then there's no worries.

No comments: