Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Just Pictures

My attempt to scare off the bird from my car =fail
I put them on my car like so......but also put them on the ground around my car=fail
Grant loves to read to Lane-and Lane loves to listen. So sweet to watch. Lane absorbs it all up like a little sponge and then can repeat (almost verbatim) what was read to him
This was Lane after his pre-school screening last month (yes, I said, "last month" it's been busy around here and I'm just now getting to it. He did so awesome. He sat right down and answered all of their questions. He told me on the way there, "Mom, if I don't feel like talking to the ladies but I have to answer their questions can I just talk softly?" I told him that I didn't mind how he talked as long as he answered every question they asked him. He said, "alright,deal." He was so sweet-during the assessment...he even talked about GOD. Right there, tells you how successful and positive the experience was. Makes me anxious for him to start school. He got 2 stickers from the assessment team for doing so well and I took him to walmart to get a surprise -when we get back home I find him asleep in the backseat. Must have worn him out.
Random picture of Lane (AKA- bucket head)
I love this picture. Grant is growing up and maturing so fast. He may drop my hand in the parking lot up to the school and he may request I no longer hug him and kiss him in public...but he is not too big to cuddle up with his mama and fall asleep
Meet "Oh" our family owl. (the boys named him after the main character in HOME)
Lane is really into taking our phones to take pictures (he coached me into a silly shot) NO, I am not wearing a miniskirt in this picture...i have shorts on-apparently baggy too big shorts that come together to look like a skirt. Idk
sometimes I am seriously impressed with how he actually gets me in the shot-
The day our family adopted "Oh" the owl as our attempt to keep the cardinal bird off my car. The boys loved searching for a bird predator with me. Too bad it was a waste of $20
Post family pictures picture at Culvers. I bribed the boys with ice cream. I am not above a good bribe.
we had to take a trip to the mall too-and when at the mall the boys always ride the little train/tram but we were informed it will no longer be at the mall anymore because it got re-poed. Bummer-so we settled for the carousel instead
Grant makes me want to yak just watching him spin while already spinning -puk. I can't even get on and ride with the boys-spinning makes me so sick now. I never used to be that way-it never used to bother me...but after having children something happened and I just can not do it. Jason is a trooper and rides with them on the spinning things. UGH -just the thought of it upsets my stomach.
For three weeks I had a female Cardinal bird literally attacking my car. She would sit on the side of my door and see her reflection in the side mirrors and go ballistic all while managing to leave her poop all over my car. I would wash it off and she would be right back on it. I tried to tie trash bags on my mirrors to deter her or scare her off but that didn't work. "Oh" the owl that we bought didn't work either. It was suggested that I use fake rubber snakes but I did that too and it also didn't work.

my niece, Cassie made her first communion a few weeks ago. She looks so sweet and angelic. So proud of her and excited to see where she goes in this life of hers. She is very smart for her age.
Props to my parents for ensuring she got to religion class every Monday night and making sure she knows Jesus.
Lane watched us all pose with the girl of honor and after everyone was about to put their cameras away he said, "I want a picture too" but then refused to smile.
The old clubhouse is in need of some repairing-the kids just absolutely love hanging out up there. Maybe next summer when we do our massive remodel of our home we can address the clubhouse too.
I found Lane had let Skid in the front door (never happens-he only enters the backdoor) and was reading a book to him.
The many faces of Lane- this one we see often. Especially when he's asked to do something he doesnt want to do (like smile for a picture in this case)
but then he comes around-
can hardly see him but this little boy was so excited to see the Avengers movie. He is all about all things superheroes right now. I didn't really want to take him because the movie is rated PG13 but he just melted my heart everyday he would ask in his sweetest lil voice if he could see the  movie yet. I told him that he would have to wait until he was 13 then he kept saying, "I can't wait until I turn 13 because I really really want to see the new Avengers movie." I broke down and caved. But I also explained that he absolutely could not mimic or imitate the things he saw in the movie. I told him that the Avengers do  alot of fighting, punching, hitting, throwing and breaking things and that would absolutely would not happen at our house by him or he would be punished. He promised in his sweetest little voice to "not be bad like the Avengers."
this big boy went to the movie with us but was asleep within 10 minutes. He was just so sad when he woke up at the end to realize he had missed the entire thing. Begging to go again.
super fan
this picture was taken at 8 am on a saturday morning. The boys had recorded the Cardinal game from the night before since we weren't home and they had to watch it first thing in the morning. They were so intense that they ended up standing up to watch the (recorded -can I remind you) game. Oh my!
I woke up Mother's day morning to find this banner and balloons filling our living room. Jason had made me a full breakfast and the boys gave me a sweet little necklace that can change faces and some earrings. It was a perfect morning.
Mother's day lunch at Lonzos with the Frickes and Currys
Lane loves to ride his bike all of the time now.
We are so fortunate to have a paved driveway. He loves to go really fast and ring his little bike bell.
goofy smile but -he was just so proud that he could turn around and do it all by himself really fast.
Reading books to Grant at one of his favorite places Barnes and Noble
I now have a list of 15+ books that Grant needs to have ASAP
Look closely, under the "caution" section....really? Thanks for the heads up that I may have a splinter or two to pull out of my tongue. WHAT?
This girl here....she has been the daughter I never had and she will be leaving me next week as she will no longer be coming to my house for daycare services. She is the first to "graduate" from my daycare at the ripe old age of 12! 
Bright, sunny, warm (80 degrees), Sunday afternoon and this kid is glued to the couch and the tv until the Cardinals game is over. Like this every game. Doesn't miss a play.Then after it's over he's out in the yard the rest of the day playing ball and pretending to be Matt Adams, Jon Jay or some other Cardinal ballplayer.  He's like an old lady watching her "soaps" he is just so "into it" that you can't talk to him until commercial break. He yells at the screen and goes crazy at the good and not so good plays. Cute to watch (at first) but then after a while it stresses me out and I have to distract myself from watching him.

Lane-enjoying a little swing sleep
Hangin with the Selby's....outdoors but not without our devices. Grant giggled and giggled (at what? I am not even sure but he sure was having fun)
Lane fell in love with their cat.
He kept requesting I take his picture with her.
cuties with a cat
Ready to play racketball/football/basketball
Lane-enjoying Grandma Fricke's birthday cake that he insisted on buying for him her. lol
We celebrated this sweet sweet lady's birthday a few weeks ago. Love her so. The boys were so excited to see her and celebrate with her. They talked about it all week long and counted down the days.
Not sure why the birthday girl is lighting her own candles- oops dropped the ball on that one. Sorry Sandy.
Grant is moving up in the world of little league baseball. C-ball (machine pitch) for the first time this year. He was so extremely nervous his first game. This kid loves all things baseball.
tried to grab a group picture before Aurora makes her departure next week. This was the best I got- not sure what Lane is doing.
Me and my girl...I'm going to be a hot mess next Thursday afternoon. I've already shed some tears while looking back through old photos of her here. Ugh!
Another group picture

No comments: