Friday, September 27, 2013

More of What We've Been Up To

 This is the completed project. Lane is going to be a train engineer/conductor for Halloween and this is the box train I made him. Not bad--there are a few things that I am not really happy with but isn't that the case with just about any project?
 He loves it and wants to touch it all of the time. Guess I am going to have to hide it until Halloween or the poor thing doesn't stand a chance
 Pumpkins Pumpkins Pumpkins. The Fricke Family pumpkin patch was a success. I think we counted approximately 120 pumpkins. We had enough to share with family, neighbors, daycare kiddos, and friends.
 These are the big ones that Grant is looking forward to carving come closer to Halloween.
 We even got ourselves this nifty little produce wagon. Thankful for it too as it makes it so much easier to haul pumpkins up from the garden.
 This was taken today- I am amazed at how GREEN our yard still is...its almost October!
 This is just too cute not to post. Vicki sent me this picture of Miss Mallory Jo -she was cheering on the Cardinals.  Thata girl, Mallory!
 Me with my boys-doing Lane's most favorite thing. READING.  I read constantly. Literally 100's of books a week.  That's all he ever wants to do-is READ. And he asks with a "peas" (Please) so of course I can't say "no."
 My boys -before church.
 Grant is playing FALL BALL at Lenz. He's really liking it and I think he thinks it's cool to play C-ball instead of just T-ball. 
 Lenz has excellent ball fields.
 Grant's school picture. Kindergarten 2013
 One of my many pinterest projects. Monogrammed pumpkin
Eating at McDonalds-Grant prefers McDonalds but Lane is a WENDY'S fan. He loves their cheeseburgers there.

 At the book store on the square in Jacksonville. He picked out all of the books about TRAINS and TRACTORS and claimed them as his own.
 What a nightmare it was trying to get out of their without buying books.  Whose idea was that anyway?
 Grant is growing up so quickly. He has started to read (for real read) books and loves it.
 Grant and I stayed in my parents camper last weekend. It was a fun time. Grant loved his bunk/hide out
 He had the giggles at 6:30 am
 This was phase one of the box train.
 Lane thinks he's older than what he is half the time. He's such a sweetie.



 Lane wearing Stanley Scarecrows hat
 Grant doing the same
 The beginning of Stanley

 Finished scarecrow
 Lane was reading to baby dolls the other day and I had to run to grab my phone to take these pics

 Grant loved the Arenzville burgoo frog and toad races so much he emulated his own races -with crickets. YUCK! But he had fun!



 Lane loved the cricket races too

Sight word target practice. Grant loved this!  He already knows his sight words but this made for a fun refresher.

DISLIKES AND LIKES

Lane- LIKES ...reading, trains, tractors, going to see the neighbors' horse (Scout), bugs, worms, pushing Grant's bicycles around outside, giving hugs and kisses, running, marching and hopping. EARS. he still loves to hold onto ears.  He loves MILK and asks for it multiple times a day (always with puppy dog eyes and a "peas") he loves to be rocked and cuddled at night. He loves to watch Team Umizoomi, Max and Ruby, Superwhy, Thomas the Train, and Franklin.  He loves to splash and slide around in the tub during bath time.  He is always so sweet about getting his diaper changed. He tells us when he goes and lays right down and assumes the position without a fuss.  He really has taken an interest in climbing up and down stairs independently.  He loves Skid and animals in general. He enjoys getting right up in your face and saying, "hi, hello."

Lane-DISLIKES- he hates when he can't hold a stack of books without dropping them. this happens everyday- multiple times a day. He tries to carry 50 books at once and then freaks out when he drops them. He does not like it when Grant touches or leans up against his car seat in the car.   He pushes him and says, "mooove." He doesn't like going to bed without a book in his hand.  Not a stuffed animal -no, a book!

Grant-LIKES...playing baseball, reading books, playing DS and his tablet, and candy.  He loves to watch Cardinal baseball (both live and on tv) He loves to talk about his new friends and what he does at school. He loves to help out either with his brother or at home. He likes feeling useful.  He is admit about following whose turn it is to say the prayer before bed (jason, grant and I take turns saying it). He loves to be outside -running, getting dirty and playing with the daycare kiddos. 

Grant-DISLIKES... getting himself dressed, drying off after a shower/bath, chicken, sitting still at supper time, having to go poop (he puts this off as long as possible) he hates getting his hair combed for school every morning.

Well, I could go on and on about what these boys like and dislike but for the most part I think I have the major ones covered. 

No comments: