Monday, November 19, 2012

Santa at The Peddler's




Every year we kick off the Christmas season by visiting Santa at The Peddler's in Jacksonville. I wasn't sure what to expect from Lane and his reaction to the man in red-I knew Grant would love him. And boy did he ever!!! He chatted with him like they were long time buddies.  He came prepared with a list of a few things he wanted him to bring him this year.  He asked me when we were driving there if he would have to give the list to Santa to keep. I explained that it was up to him and he said, "I want to keep it." But of course one of the first things Santa asked him was, "can I keep this here list so I can remember all of the things you want?" You should have saw the look on Grant's face. He didn't know what to do or say. I could tell he was unsure if he could tell Santa that he actually wanted his list back. Grant ended up telling Santa that he could keep it if he wanted to.
Lane didn't want to have anything to do with Santa. When we attempted to have him sit by him he screamed and clawed his way back into Jason's arms.  He loved observing from a distance though. He loves books about Santa so I was a bit surprised at how quick he was to decide that he didn't want to partake.

Here's what Grant's 2012 List to Santa looks like:


Hulk Fists
The Avengers Quinjet Plane
Spiderman Web-slinging Gloves
A 20 Dollar Bill (cracks me up)
Monster Trucks
A Necklace with Jesus on the Cross (like Pastor has-Grant is quite the religious little fella and talks about his friend Jesus a lot) 

No comments: