Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Brace Yourself for The Longest Post Ever

September 27, 2012



 Slide with a corn pit at the bottom=tons of fun for kids
 Grant playing with Ava Petefish
 So cute -right?
 I think she may like him too


 These three are buddies at school
 Here they are again
 Lane-loving the patch


 Showing anyone who looked at him his corn
 Loved the tractors

 Grant's picks
 Lane's 1st pumpkin

 Steamshow with the Family
September 29, 2012
 Grant got tired of walking so he sat in the back of the stroller-whatevs
 Lane -laughing at Papa Ham
 Grant loved feeding the animals

 Lane doing his classic "ooh" while watching the animals
 Trying to figure it all out

 The beautiful Selby family
 The babes
 On the train
 Mallory's first train ride
 Collin and Grant got to sit in the helicopter
 They thought they were cool dudes
 Wagon ride
 On the Weeble Wobble with Aunt Vicki
 Lane and I on the Webble Wobble ride
 The boys discussing which tractor to ride
 Schmitt Wedding Reception
September 29, 2012
 Me riding the bull
Grandma Barry with her sisters and some random lady on the end. lol
 The Great Pumpkin Patch-Arthur, IL 
September 30, 2012





 They have so many cool displays and set ups. I would most definitely refer anyone to the Great Pumpkin Patch -even though it's a drive





 Lovin it


 Love the saying so I took a pic













 Random Pictures

 Frozen Penguin for Nolan's bday party
 Lane's already composing a Christmas list
 Love this picture -so cute- and oh my how wonderful our grass looks
 Grant at the Triopia/Unity game. Not watching the game but throwing the pigskin around of course




 Sleeping baby =peacefulness
 Lane loves this tractor of Grant's-he pushes it around everyday. He has attached himself to this one over all the other more baby-friendly trucks/tractors.  So cute



As you can see from all of the pictures we not only had a very eventful week/weekend but a very FUN one at that.  We started the weekend early by going to Grant's class field trip to Bomke Pumpkin Patch.  I attended last year with Grant but didn't get to fully enjoy it as I was extremely pregnant which meant I was fat, out of breath, tired, and just not as much fun. This year the whole family went with Grant which made it even more special. Jason took the day off and helped with Lane. It was a beautiful day to go as it was sunny and 75. Perfect. Lane loved the trip as much as Grant did (as you can see from the pictures). He loved playing in the corn pit, riding on the ride on tractors, and picking pumpkins. Grant loved playing and hanging out with his best buddies.  He even got to see his favorite girl Ava Petefish.  It's kind of a joke around our house because Grant has talked about Ava Petefish now for weeks but I know for a fact that he doesn't even really know her. They are in different pre-k classes but he has talked and talked about her...well he got to see her on the trip and ran around and played with her quite a bit. He had a ball.

On Saturday we met up with my family at the Steamshow. The kids were not thrilled about looking at the vendors but they did enjoy the animals, train ride, helicopter, weeble wobble, and driving a tractor.  Grant loved all of it but I think I wore him out because once we had done it all he said, "Mom, do you mind if we go home now?"  He fell asleep within 5 minutes of being in the car on the ride back home.  That evening I went with my Mom and sisters to my mom's cousin's wedding reception. Hands down the best reception I have ever been too. It was outside under HUGE white tents with beautiful lights strung in between. They had Ridge View Winery there serving wine. I am just going to list what else they had- photo booth, mechanical bull, snow cone machine, alcoholic drinks slushy machine, bubbles, glow sticks, and FIREWORKS! It was such a perfect party and we all had a blast! 

After church on Sunday we packed up and made the long drive over to Arthur to the Great Pumpkin Patch.  We went last year and loved it so much we just had to come back.  It was beautiful weather once again for pickin pumpkins. The boys loved it. Grant enjoyed the mazes the most I believe. Lane loved playing peek a boo through the cut outs.  It's such a neat place and well worth the drive in our opinion.  We brought back 6 large pumpkins along with some smaller ones and gourds for our front porch display.  It all looks so nice out there but it wont be complete without Stanley (our scarecrow we make every year). We hope to get to that on Friday so the daycare kiddos can help me make him on their day off school. 

I haven't been able to even come up for air lately because we have been so busy-and it's not really going to come to a stop anytime soon. I will be gone on our annual Girls Weekend this coming weekend and then I am off to a concert with Vicki the following weekend.  It's crazy that it's already October it seems like September was over in a flash! It will be November before we know it. Good thing I am all set for Lane's party already-have most all of the supplies up in a box in his closet right now.  I am also relieved to have the boys' costumes for Halloween already too.  Makes it a bit less stressful. 

We got our flu shots yesterday and I was so proud of both of my boys. Grant sat right up there-lifted his shirt sleeve and took it like a man. Lane of course cried but I think it was more because he didn't want some strange lady holding him. I took it like a champ too until I got home and felt like I was going to die. I had a huge headache and felt so weak I could barely function. I have never had that kind of reaction before with the flu shot but boy was it not fun. I was in bed by 7:30 I think.  Ugh. Not fun. 

Update on the boys- Lane is still a little stinker. He likes to point at things now and continues to say a very limited amount of words.  He is sleeping better now that he is over his ear infections.  He still doesn't eat very well and we have officially given up on baby food. We don't even attempt it anymore.  He does like Mac and Cheese (which he should since that's what I ate all of the time while preggo with him).  He loves his bath time. He is really starting to have a love for books right now and likes to be read to. He still loves to hold on to ears and loves to hit people in the face (not hard-just small taps).

Grant is a stinker too. He is really into to asking if anyone loves him.  It's annoying and sad all in one.  He will say it constantly. He still loves Cardinals baseball (he's actually at the game right now while I type this). He has made a "prayer pot" with a flower pot and Popsicle sticks. He pulls a stick out that has a name written on it and that is who we pray for that day.  It's super cute to hear what he wants to pray about.  He's really into collecting old coins too. He have really really become quite interested in drawing. And in my opinion is actually pretty good at it.  He loves school, his teachers, and his friends. Which I am so thankful for- I love that he loves homework, books, and learning.  He is still into action figures and Avengers.  He's the sweetest little boy especially at night time when we lay down to go to bed. He says so many sweet things to me-it just melts my heart.  He's really enjoying watching Lane learn things and encourages him when he is struggling and tries to teach him how to do most everything he does.  

No comments: