Friday, May 18, 2012

Frantic Frickes

Yep, that's what I feel I should rename this blog. The Frantic Frickes....because we are running around here and there and everywhere. This week has been so extremely busy for us.

Tball is still in full swing and that keeps us busy two nights a week. Grant is still really enjoying it. He wears a smile on his face the entire time he is out there playing. He is always so full of hustle and spunk and I just love to watch him play.

I attended yet another Mother Daughter Banquet on Wednesday night at my grandmother's church. I love to go to those type of things with my mom and sisters but it's somewhat sad to know that I will never have any of those mother/daughter moments with my own daughter.  Somewhat depressing but I am quickly over it when I see little girls I know throwing their little fits and drama queen moments.

Thursday I went out with my bestie (Amy) for some much needed girl time/talk.  We went to Mulligans and sat in their beer garden and drank beverages and ate bad food. I love meeting up with her because she is one of the very few people I know that I can talk to without censoring anything. I can say what I want -when I want- and how I want to say it without fear of being judged or offending her. We are soooo similar it's crazy. I feel very fortunate to have such a great girlfriend in my life. She really does help me get through and our nights out are so refreshing and fun. I just love that girl.

Tomorrow is when the real fun begins....we are planning to go to the Downtown Celebration to see the parade and get pictures taken with Spiderman then we are driving to Quincy to Scotties for Cassie's 5th birthday party then to my friend Jenny's for her son's second birthday party. Uhhhh....it's exhausting me just typing this..should be tons of fun but I will be so worn out and so will the boys.

Speaking of the boys...they are doing fantastic. Lane is always full of smiles and giggles. He learned to clap this week and practices and shows of his skills regularly now.  He still isn't into eating baby food which apparently is a mute point because the doctor told us not to worry with baby food and to skip right over it and just go right to table food. Interesting right?

Grant is doing remarkably better now a days. It could be a number of things causing positive results. The start of tball (something he loves) the warmer/nicer days and being able to play outside more, the lack of poor influence from a former daycare child, and we have cracked down on him quite a bit since last I wrote about his behavior.  He still has some moments here and there but SOOOOOOOOOO much better than a few weeks ago.  We took him to see The Avengers movie last weekend -it was so nice to have some Grant time again. He's really into action heroes now and pretends to be Spiderman  and the Hulk quite a bit now. 

Well, I just checked out the time....it's waaaaaaaaay past this girls bedtime so I gotta bolt but I will try to write again soon.  Oh and I have a ton of cute pictures to post sometime too.

No comments: