I'm squeezing this blog post in-I still can't find the time to write on here as often as I would like. When I get a free moment...I end up doing all of the necessities first (laundry, dishes, cleaning etc). So I apologize to all of my followers for my slacking off on this blog.
This blog post will just be a bunch of rambling and getting you caught up. Not too exciting but hey it's a post.
Grant started his t-ball season last weekend by having his first practice. He is still extremely excited about it I just hope that his enthusiasm continues even after he has his first game and he realizes that he will by playing in front of an audience. It's crazy because he has more girls on his team than boys..I think there are 7 girls and 6 boys. Which I think he will actually like better -because he tends to gravitate towards girls anyways. He's pretty good (if I can say so without sounding like a bragging Mom) here at home but I don't know if he will bring the same about of effort and umph with him to the games. We shall see. He has been using all of his new t-ball stuff...and has been practicing here at home when the weather is cooperative. It seems we have had so many windy days here lately. So windy it's hard to play anything outside.
He finally got a DS. We bought it off of Jason's cousin -which worked out perfect because if it gets lost or broken we aren't out much. He's been asking for a DS since Christmas but I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on something I wasn't sure he was old enough for yet. He hangs out with all of my little daycare kiddos who have them and play them often. I think he thinks he's super cool now that he has one just like his friends. He loves it too and has played it quite a bit already. Actually, Jason and I have played it quite a bit as well...Grant gets angry and frustrated with his lack of ability to get to the next level on his games so he insists we play and help him though it -which is frustrating because the last thing I really want to do is play video games with my time but I humor him and do it anyways. We will see how long it takes him to realize the fun in it is to get to the next level on your own and not with the help of someone else. Should be interesting.
While we are on the topic of Grant...I will just go ahead and say it! UGH! He is at a very frustrating age for me right now. He has become so sassy and deliberately irritating. He will purposely do things that he knows I can't stand -right in front of me- and when I get after him for things he will give me a very evil little laugh. I HATE when he chews on his clothes, picks his nose, eats messy things (like pudding filled donuts) on the couch, plays too rough with baby Lane and the list could go on and on. He must enjoy the attention I give it -even if it's a negative attention. It's so frustrating for me to watch because I KNOW he is a sweetheart and full of tenderness and kindness but he lets out these spurts of crazy meanness and I HATE IT! I think I hate it so much because I feel I have no control of it...because it seems like the harder I try to reverse his behavior the more he acts out. I am almost to the point of just throwing in the towel for a while and just letting it go....but can this control freak do it? Doubt it. I love him more than life itself but he aggravates the shit out of me. Do all parents go through times of not wanting to be around their kids? I hope so, I hope this is a normal phase I am going through and I am praying for the return of my sweetie petie. Oh how things have changed since Lane was born. If I would have only have known it was going to be like this I would have braced myself or tried to prepare Grant more. I seriously think that is when things with Grant started to change drastically. It breaks my heart. He's exceptionally good in school, at Sunday school, and with other people which I'm very proud of and relieved about but he is extremely bad about listening when told to do or not to do something at home. I have to tell him something fifteen times and usually by the fifteenth time I'm yelling at the top of my lungs just to get him to listen. He is also bad about sharing. If its food or candy he does pretty well but if its his toys especially his "special" ones..not so much. Which I can kind of justify and defend. Because he is forced to have to share everything...due to me having daycare kids here in our home...he really doesn't have things that are just his and no one else can play with. Most kids are forced to share at school and then that's it...cause when they get home they have their own toys that they don't necessarily have to share with anyone else. Well -Grant's situation is different because he has to share everywhere-and everything. But I really thought that with age he would just somehow miraculously realize that it's ok to share and actually fun to share toys with your friends. But we just aren't there yet..Actually we are nowhere close. I feel so frustrated that he was once so easy and so good and now--I feel like all of my hard work is unraveling before my eyes. I know I need to make more alone time for him and I have attempted this several times but he somehow always ends up ruining that for us too. I have attempted to play games with him but a few turns into it he throws a huge tantrum or acts like a crazy kid which in turn makes me not want to play with him and then again in turn makes me not want to make these attempts to connect with him. He's giving me no incentive to try! GRRRRRRRRRRR is all I have to say.
Thank goodness I have a sweet little baby and not a baby who cries and fusses all of the time. God really did bless me in this department. I don't know how I would be able to do it with both of my boys a wreck. Lane is my little prince. He can always make me smile and not just me but anyone- random people at Walmart or church...anyone....because he is always just so smiley and happy. Thats how I knew something was horribly wrong last week...he was a HOT MESS....he cried all morning and wouldn't let me put him down. Absolutely NOT himself what so ever. I took him to the doctor to find out that he has an ear infection. I knew he had to have something wrong with him! Once we got some numbing drops and meds in him he was back to his happy little self. Thank goodness I listened to my motherly intuition and didn't wait it out until after the weekend.
We had Miss Mallory's baptism this past weekend. She looked like such a little angel in her baptism gown. And the entire time she was going through the actual baptism she was looking up almost as though she could see Jesus. It was seriously one of the most precious things I have ever seen. I will forever remember how sweet, pure, and angelic she looked. She is my little doll baby. I just wish I could see her more often than I do. I see her a fair amount but not nearly enough in my opinion.
I have spent a lot of pre-bedtime hours reading. I read the Hunger Games and then the second book in the series, Catching Fire and now I am on the third and final book...Mockingjay. I can't wait to get through it. I have extremely enjoyed this series. I highly recommend them to anyone who enjoys reading.
I have still been trying to stay on top of Pinterest however- like I have stated before I haven't been able to find the time to be on as much as I was before. I am still enjoying trying new and different recipes. I think Jason likes that too. He has commented several times how he really appreciates my ability to keep it fresh and new at supper time.
I have been busy trying to organize and clean out the closets in our house. I have Lane's and Grant's done but I have yet to tackle ours. I am anxious to get on this because I have such a mosh posh of stuff in there...pregnancy clothes, post pregnancy clothes, pre-pregnancy clothes -so now the chore will be to sort through it all and get rid of things.
We have yet to plant a garden-I don't know why I feel like we are so behind but I do. We plan to get some things in the ground this Saturday. I haven't decided what we want to plant this year. We always seem to have an overabundance of everything. I want to plant everything we always plant but maybe just not as much of everything. I love having a garden but it is a lot of work and I am hoping we are able to find the time to maintain it. This year we will be more busy with Lane and running Grant to games and such so I hope we aren't going to get in over our heads with it. We will give it a go and see what happens.
Update on the babyfood making. The food making and storing is all going well it's the eating part that isn't. Lane just doesn't seem interested in food yet. Including rice cereal. He just doesn't open up...and when he does get a nice spoonful in his mouth he gags on it. I know one reason is the seat he is in....I have him in the Bumbo seat. He HATES sitting in that thing. He just isn't quite ready for a high chair yet and I don't really want to put him in his car seat to feed him...that would be a HOT MESS. I am still attempting to feed him daily but it just hasn't gone as smoothly has I had thought. Grant loved eating baby food (almost from the first bite) but Lane really hasn't taken to it. Jason teased me and said that maybe he doesn't like my cooking which inspired me to experiment. I bought some store bought squash at the store and tried it with him thinking maybe Jason was on to something but he still didn't take to it. So....that's where we are at. I have a ton of carrots and apples in the freezer and we have also done bananas -all with lots of success in the making but not the eating. With time-I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment