Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Homecooked Baby Food For My Spoiled Baby

 Homemade-cooked-pureed carrots
The book I ordered.



Ok, so yesterday was the start of my latest challenge. Making my own baby food.  I peeled, chopped, and cooked the carrots then I pureed them in the blender. After that I poured them into ice cube trays and waited for them to freeze. Once frozen, I popped them out and put them into ziplock baggies and marked them. So, when I set out to do this I realized that it would be a lot more work than just picking up some jars of baby food at the grocery store but I didn't take into account the heartbreak after seeing your baby refuse your home-cooked food. Lane DID NOT care for carrots what so ever.  I didn't get a picture of his face but it was not pleasant.  Then he just started to refuse to open up for me so we gave up and will try it again.  Interesting uh? I think next week we will do something more tasty-like bananas.  I did carrots because that is what the book suggested....but I don't think he is a fan. Week one of home cooked baby food went well though.  Time consuming but worth it. 

No comments: