Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Is Summer Over Yet?

Ugh, it's only been 3 weeks in and I am already at my max boiling point with some of these kids (same ones I always get frustrated with). Which makes it not fun for the other kids (the good-well behaved kids). I can literally say, "stop poking each other or you are both going to time out" and less than one minute later...one or both start doing the very same thing I just told them not to do!!!! Are you serious? I am sitting right here in front of you? Do you really think I don't see and hear everything you are doing? Ugh! I have a few that just really need to learn discipline and respect. I try to enforce consistent -reasonable rules but I seem to always be "on" someone all of the time! Sometimes I feel like I should be running a bootcamp as opposed to a daycare. These kids need more structue. oh and those of you reading this who think I may be giving to much structure/disciple...you try running an organized, safe, non-chaotic in home daycare of 8 kids! If I don't have the rules I have- then I guarantee someone would get seriously hurt or my entire house would get completely destroyed. both of which I have no interest in! I keep waiting for my hair to turn gray -still hasn't yet but I can imagine I am well on my way. I also feel hurt because I often feel I am unappreciated. I do a lot for these kids that I don't have to do. We don't HAVE to do crafts, fun Fridays or trips to McDonald's and the park but I do that so they can have fun. And I don't want anything in return EXCEPT for appreciation and good behavior. One day without bickering, fighting, and kids breaking the rules would be HEAVEN! Serenity NOW please!

No comments: