Thursday, June 23, 2011

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.”

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something." ~Woodrow Wilson

"God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me." ~Author Unknown

Events of this week have enlightened me. I have come to realize that people are delicate, intricate, and confusing creatures. You think you may know someone so well you could swear by their motives and next moves...only to find that actually the person you thought you knew was only a percentage of a whole. I am extremely excited about this unexpected change that has come upon me this week. At first I was confused and disturbed until I realized it was all undoubtedly NOT MY ISSUE. I realized that I am unable to change the actions and thoughts of others and I can only control one person....ME. I feel I did a damn good job controlling that one person this week. I could have said and did things that were unprofessional, immature, and inappropriate -however I chose to keep my dignity and sanity as I watched others in front of me loose theirs. It feels wonderfully uplifting to know I have grown as a person who can control my thoughts and mouth. A few years ago if this same situation would have unfolded I most likely would have exploded like dynamite and said hurtful or regretful things. It's been a long week-actually with that said- in the grand scheme of life it is all so trivial and minimal. I could have family serving overseas and in harms way daily, suffering from disease, or having to deal with natural disasters like the blazes taking over those living in the western states. Or I could be without water -which I know plenty of local friends/family who have been inconvenienced with the lack of usable water. So really, I cannot complain. My summer has suddenly taken a fantastic turn. Instead of having to play boot-camp leader and have to constantly discipline I now have a house full of only good -well behaved kids. Excited about the remainder of the summer!!!!!

No comments: