Thursday, January 6, 2011

Keeping it Interesting






Grant is always keeping life very interesting. He's on this kick of wanting to wear his cowboy boots around the house...even if he looks completely silly. He calls them his "cowboy shoes." These were the boots we bought him at a garage sale to complete his cowboy costume at Halloween. His buddy, Kyle got some cowboy boots for Christmas so this may have sparked his newly found interest in his. He also has been wearing his flip flops around the house....and if I tell him he can not wear them (like if we are leaving the house) he insists on taking them with him. He also sleeps cuddling his new house slippers he got for Christmas. I find it very fun to see which type of shoe he will be sporting for the day.

As you will see in the pictures I think I have finally found a way to combat Grant's crazy bed head. I tried and tired to get his hair to lay down this morning-we were running late for my hair appointment so there was no time for even a quick bath so I told myself to stop fighting the hair and just roll with it-so we sprayed it up. Looked pretty cute for a while until he started roughing it up. Oh well! We may try using that trick again if we need to.

I have been in the process of trying to get Grant to decide what theme he wants for his bday. It's always something different....Clifford, Spiderman, Cars, Monster Trucks, Lizards, Scooby Doo and Curious George. I don't know if he will ever decide and stick with and be faithful to his decision so I will most likely have to make the call for him. I know it's still a few months away but if I need to order anything on line or through eBay I need to allow a significant amount of time for processing/shipping/and mistakes. Ugh-why am I such a planner-sometimes I even annoy myself. And Jason has already started in on me-making fun of my early planning.

So far 2011 hasn't been all that great to me. The first several days of this new year I woke to find both of my eyes matted shut and a horrible sore throat/ear ache on my right side. Finally broke down and got meds for my eyes (certain it was pink eye) and today I went to the doc for my throat/ears...I hope this year decides to be more kind to me than it has the past week. Yuck! Feeling better though and realize it could be much much worse....so shouldn't be complaining.

No comments: