Monday, November 22, 2010

Saying "Hi" to Santa

Thanks Papa Ham-Grant loves his new bucket of army soldiers

Cassie looks thrilled to have Grant holding her ear. Poor girl!
Jumpoline-always a blast!
Mama Ham reading books to Grant while we waited an unGodly amount of time for our food at Fridays!
Aunt Vicki was flirting with Santa Claus -shhhh....don't tell Uncle Mick. LOL
Sucking on the candy cane Santa gave him -even though he didn't like the taste of it.
Yes, this IS Grant sitting on Santa's lap-without any fears or tears. Love it!
Grant waving to Santa and waiting his turn to sit on his lap
Grant and Mommy- sporting our flannels
Grant loves his new Santa hat and wants to wear it all of the time now.


Well, the Christmas season is officially upon us and we kicked it off by going to see St. Nicholas himself this past weekend. One of many trips planned to see the guy in the red suit -as I believe I plan to take Grant to see him once a week until Christmas Day! Unlike last year-Grant was anxious and excited to sit on his lap and tell him what he wanted. On the way there we discussed what he was going to tell him and Grant said, "I think just candy corn and that's all I really need." And sure enough when Santa asked the all important question-Grant replied with "candy and that's all I really need." Hahahahha. Later he recanted and added that he wanted some green tractors and some cars. Funny little man. He received some candy from Santa after hoping down from his lap and was so excited that this special candy came from Santa that I think he forgot that he DOES NOT like candy canes. Aunt Vicki joined us on our visit and I think she was just as excited to see Santa as some of the kiddos where. Oh -that Vicki-such a youthful spirit that girl has. God love her.
Grant was then fortunate enough to be dragged around Quincy attending different Craft Shows with me, Vicki, and Mama Ham. He did exceptionally well-especially considering he was restricted to not touching anything the entire time.
After being worn out going to different craft shows we then went to Mama and Papa Ham's house to play with Cassie. The Jumpoline is always the center of the action and fun at their house -after a few short hours of play they were both so worn out. We got them both in their little slipper footed pj's and let them unwind with story-time by Aunt Vicki. Cassie didn't know what to make of Grant's ear fetish but was very open to having her ears fondled by him for a good 15 minutes! Hahahaha. Those two are so cute when they are together-it cracks us all up. Grant was a show off that night and Cassie tried to follow suit which made them both sillier than silly. Good times.
We spent most of the morning yesterday posing for pictures for our Christmas cards. I already took the pics, made the card, ordered them, picked them up, and addressed all 50 some cards. Feels good-now just waiting for a more appropriate day to send them out. I doubt too many people would appreciate a Christmas card prior to the celebration of Thanksgiving so I will give it a week at least. Haha. Jason, I can hear you right now-making fun of me and my annalness....so shush it up! I know I am a NERD -no need to remind me.
Looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with my family (even if some of them annoy me beyond belief) and hope for it to be a fantastic (extra long) weekend of Christmas tree hunting and holiday decorating. I am feeling overly festive this year so LOOK OUT!

No comments: