Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Let the Venting Begin

Ugh, I could not be more disheartened and annoyed. I just got off the phone with one of my sisters only to learn that my parents are struggling with my youngest sister more than I was aware. Seriously, I don't know how much more I can take! Idly watching my parents being taken advantage of with little to no control over the situation is about enough to drive me mad. It hurts so much -literally-I can feel pain in my bones when I think of the situation they are in. I must add, I think some of their pain could have been avoided and my be self inflicted but the majority stems from one person's lack of concern for their well being. That one person who I find to be most ungrateful, disrespectful, and extremely troubled. I just pray things get resolved soon. I am to the point now where I don't even want to hear her name. I don't want to hear about the latest thing she has said or done to them because I would rather just not know. I would rather close my eyes to it and hope when I choose to open them again it will have all gone away. My biggest concern is a little three year old girl who is so sweet and innocent and who may not know it now but will soon come to realize what is going on around her. Bless her heart, poor girl. I am just sick with worry and frustration. Ugh! Even more annoying is I feel I am the only one who is standing up to her-the only one who voices concerns to her instead of about her. I feel my other sisters are doing exactly what my parents have done and continue to do -IGNORE the problem and not address it. For years I have kept my mouth shut and my opinions to myself but things have gotten too out of hand for me to continue to be reserved. I am a firm believer in -you can not change the actions of others but you most certainly can change your actions. With that said, I may not be able to change her but I sure can change me.

More venting but about something more lighthearted. We had the Dishnetwork guy come out to install our new HD receiver but when he did so-he obviously had to remove our old receiver. The same old receiver in which all of our DVR recorded shows were saved on. Oh boy-should you be glad that you weren't at the Fricke house the night Grant found out that all of his 42 hours of Super Why, Curious George, and Clifford shows which he watches over and over religiously had been deleted. You would have thought I shot his dog the way he responded. He dropped to his knees, with a quivering lip and huge crocodile tears streaming down his cheeks. I seriously have not seen Grant EVER be this upset. It was the saddest thing I have witness in a long time. Ugh-I was equally upset to know that all of my un-viewed Oprah, The View, and other taped shows had been taken way too. Jason was upset because we had Jacob's State Football Championship game recorded which is also now GONE. I had recorded the Oprah episode that Vicki and my Mom was fortunate enough to attend (and quickly appear on TV) but that is also now GONE. And most sad of all is that all of my recorded Harry Potter movies are now DELETED. I was extremely upset- I wasn't falling to my knees in tears but I was by no means thrilled about it. I did find that ABC Family have all of the Harry Potter movies playing this month as part of their 25 days of Christmas program. So-I am OK. Oh-well, if this is the biggest of our problems then I think we are doing terrifically well. Such a trivial thing to be upset about. Grant's over it now and we have since started all over in our process to collect all of his Super Why episodes once again. We'll be alright but it was definatly upsetting to us both. While all of the drama was unfolding Jason was extremely content enjoying his Illini basketball game in HD. Ahhhhh.

No comments: