Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grant's 1st Birthday (Part II)

opening my new red wagon I got from G-ma and G-pa Fricke and Uncle Jacob
The b-day cake

Opening up my new picnic table from G-ma and G-pa Cottingham



Posing for a picture


Showing off the t-shirt Mom made me for my b-day




The birthday boy and Mommy at the b-day party






Grant likes envelopes and cards just as much (if not more) than gifts.








Not so sure why everyone is singing to him








Lovin the cake









Yummy cake!









Grant started his 1st Birthday on Friday (which was his actual b-day) at around 6am. He opened his gifts from us that morning. We got him a bigger basketball hoop, a battery powered ATV, an Elmo book and stuffed animal, a pop up toy, clothes, sunglasses,and flip-flops. He really likes the ATV -he likes to ride it around the house and run into all of the furniture with it. Friday night we took Grant out to eat at McDonald's. He got a Happy Meal and an ice cream cone. Friday night -Aunt Lori, Uncle Mike, and baby Collin came to our house with their camper. They parked it in our drive-way for the weekend. It was so nice to hang out with them again. Friday and Saturday I cleaned -and then cleaned some more. Which now, looking back, it's kinda crazy how much I cleaned -just to have it all messed up in a matter of minutes when the party began. Oh well. Sunday -Grant had his big Birthday Party. He did well. He only cried once and that is when he had too much cake and wanted cleaned off. He enjoyed unwrapping gifts but I think he enjoyed opening cards more. We were so happy that everyone we invited was able to make it. Even Grant's buddy, Bryson came! I can not believe my little guy is one already! We got to turn the car seat around to face forward and he likes that so much better. He went for his 12month check up yesterday. The doctor said he is perfect. He weighs 23lbs and is 31 inches long. He is in the 50% in his weight and head circumference and is 75-90th% in his height. Dr. Lillpop said, "That means he's a perfect little boy who is tall." He also had to get 6 shots yesterday. Two in each leg and one in each arm. He cried so hard. It was all I could do not to cry too. He calmed down quickly and then I took him to Wal-mart to get a new toy. He got a pull along puppy dog. He is cutting his 8th tooth right now. You can see it poking through the gums but it's not all the way through yet. He can wave bye-bye now and says mama and dada more often now. He's getting to be soooooo big. He is truly the best thing that has happened to my life (other than Jason). I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

No comments: