Wednesday, September 17, 2008

To Catch You Up

Just to catch you up on things with Grant. He is a little over 5 months old now and is growing up so fast. For those of you who don't already know, we have a pretty good sized boy on our hands. Last we checked (which was last month) he weighed about 16 lbs and was 27 inches long. By the way my biceps have been burning lately, I would guess he is more than 16lbs now. If I had to guess I would say he is approximately 18lbs. He will go for his 6month check up next month so we will get the exact stats then. Grant is definitely my sunshine. I could be having the worst day ever and when he smiles at me it makes everything seem better. He is a very happy baby. If you smile at him, 9 times out of 10 he will smile right back at you. Back to catching you up on things. At age 4 months Jason and I decided that it was time we reclaimed our bed from Grant. He slept in our bed since he was born until we decided he was getting too big for us to squeeze in between us. We put him in his crib at age 4 months and did the very controversial "Cry It Out" technique. To our surprise, he did quite well with this. Yes, it was rough for the first few days but after that he got used to the idea and sleeps very well now. He usually goes to bed around 6:30pm and wakes up at 5:00am. A few weeks after this he started to roll over. He had a difficult time getting over at every attempt at first but now he is rollin all over the place. He loves his Johnny Jumper and can play in it for up to 45 minutes at a time. He loves to be outside and he really enjoys swinging. His life has changed a bit since I started my in home daycare, last month. He is very entertained by the children I watch and he seems to enjoy all the extra attention. I think that pretty much sums it up and brings you up to date on things. I will try to get on here and post at least weekly -if not more....so stay tunned.

3 comments:

ajbmossman said...

Love your blog, very cute!!

Keri said...

YAY! You have a blog!!!

Abby Sue said...

So glad to see you on here! We will check on Mr. Grant often.